View Poll Results: Hello,

My friends and I purchase about 1-3 games per month each to play with or against each other

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will purchase games using Starforce.

18 64.29%
  • I will not purchase games using Starforce.

6 21.43%
  • I have already boycotted any company selling games running Starforce.

4 14.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If they use Starforce I will not be buying this game | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

<span class="ev_code_pink">Please keep it constructive, guys. </span>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

That was my intent. He wasn't posting anything constructive, just 12 year old whining. If he listed or gave any type of fact then I would not have posted.

Fact: I have no starforce problems.
    Fact: You can't prove to me that you do either.

So what's your problem with it?

-Maniac
    Note to my neighbors, those rumblings you heard earlier was not an earthquake, I now have nuclear power.

Just because a problem doesn't happen to you, does NOT mean that it doesn't happen. You can't use ignorance as a weapon.

There was absolutely NO reason for my copy of alcohol to go AWOL on me, but it did. Considering the way I run my PC, Starforce is the only culprit. I had no clue that XIII installed it on my PC.

EDIT:
    I probably couldn't "prove" anything because you'd simply refuse to believe it. You've already made up your mind.

What's my problem with it, you ask? How about you read my posts in this thread. I think I explained myself already.
    And I'm pretty sure that the ring 0 access is a documented fact.

However, the simple fact that a protection scheme needs to install itself semi-permanently already reeks of foul play. Like I said, Starforce may do its job, but at what cost.

Console schemes, and Steam are the best solutions I've seen to date. Why you would be so adamant about supporting this scheme is beyond me.

I wasn't arguing with you. You make a perfectly fine case.

The first poster was who I had issue with. If he had posted what you just did now he would've made a good case.

-Maniac
    Note to my neighbors, those rumblings you heard earlier was not an earthquake, I now have nuclear power.

He did seem naggy, a bit.

But I see. Glad to know that we're kosher.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iservealot:
    This is why u buy the Direct2Drive Version. There is no logner need for CD's/DVD's. I have had Daemon runing before with SPlinter Cell Chaos Thoery, and have never had an error. Then again, I have the D2D version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for this information! I had no idea that the Direct to Driver version came without Starforce. I ***umed that it would also have it since a lot of the demo's from Ubi Soft come with Starforce. You should have seen the outcry from Might and Magic Beta Testers when Starforce was added. They finally removed it after a lot of complaints in the forums.

I will purchase Splinter Cell this way and I might even purchase Chaos Theory again just to avoid Starforce!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maniac_536:
    Talk about dramatic. When the topic poster does something like this the purpose he shows is nothing more than he can act like a baby. Cry me a river. If the game doesn't have starforce, you'll buy it? Okay. Fine. I don't think they care. They'll do whatever they feel like to protect their intrests.

Who cares anyway? It's not like it's given me any trouble ever. Granted I think chaos theory is the only game I own that uses it, but as far as I'm concerned that's fine. It's not some infectious virus (and don't even think about using the word rootkit)

-Maniac </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your input, now go away. We are looking for solutions that eliminate Starforce and yet find a means to still protect games. Do you work or own stock in Starforce? Sounds like it. Go preach the gospel about your crappy product somewhere else. Your post is useless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maniac536:
    That was my intent. He wasn't posting anything constructive, just 12 year old whining. If he listed or gave any type of fact then I would not have posted.

Fact: I have no starforce problems.
    Fact: You can't prove to me that you do either.

So what's your problem with it?

-Maniac </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you must know I am 37 years old and lets do as the admin has asked and keep it constructive. I own a video game store, and a computer repair store. I hear the complaints from both sides (the gamers and the technicians). I stated a reason why I will not buy it and gave some problems we have experienced. What have you done for this post other than to show us you work for Starforce and call everyone that doesn't support the product whiny 12 year old children?

Fact: You are just one person that represents just one person. Just because you have not had problems does not mean you represent the world.

Fact: You still haven't added anything constructive to this topic.

Fact: Nobody could prove anything to you, after all you are a know it all. You know I am 12 even though I am 37.

Fact: Joseph Cirillo III from North Haven, CT, I will no longer respond to your useless 19 year old flames.

Triple-post much?

Here's an idea:
    Read the whole thread through before responding.

I mean, really. What a severe lack of etiquette.

You said you bought CT for multiplayer gaming? It could be just me, but I can run the multiplayer portion just fine without the CD and with Daemon running (runs my Halo PC mini-image if you're getting suspicious).

There are many sides to this argument. The most obvious one right now is the use of Securom or other forms of protection. Here's a little point of interest for you people. Can Starforce be hacked? Yes, but it requires opening up your computer and disconnecting drives. So, for the time being, we'll go with no (They have software working around this in development). Can Securom be cracked? I can play The Matrix: Path of Neo without the CD just fine with a simple mini-image, DT and a hider. That means yes. If I were to download a 1:1 image off the Internet of PoN, I could play the game by completely cracking it. So that's why they use Starforce.

On the other hand (This is the hand I'm firmly with by the way), there's all the SF screwing up your system issues. If it installs stuff on my computer and if it cripples my methods of backing up data, then what's the point in buying the game? It would simply be much cheaper to go out, buy an X-Box and buy the game on that. Whereas if I bought the PC version, it would be $50 plus a small chance of spending hundreds of dollars more on repairs on my PC. So why bother?

In a nutshell, I agree with the Steam solution (I wrinkle my nose at paying for updates, though).

PS, and hey, it's his 7th post, leave him alone. Tell him about the edit button. The small button in the bottom right hand corner of your post with the folder and the eraser--That's the edit button.

Paying for updates?

What are you talking about?

Starforce or w/e is useless to me. I buy consoles mostly, and I have never even heard of starforce before this topic was even made, so, starforce or not, I'm not going to judge a game by its anti-piracy software, instead im going to buy a game because of gameplay.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast