Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ability Balancing | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
    Charge is a very effective ability if used right, but unfortunately sometimes it can miss especially when using it defensively. But it works like a charm to use it offensively at a morphed or disguised target hiding in a crowd. It eliminates the chance of being stunned because it doesn't give them a chance to deploy a smoke bomb or mute you. Charge also has the ability to cancel the effects of the throwing knife slowing you down.

Templar Vision is nice but I prefer Charge. It's got that extra surprise factor on targets who are hiding in a crowd and waiting for a confused pursuer to stun when suddenly you rush in and kill them before they can react. The same for pursuers. It's funny when you see someone obviously following you but trying to remain inconspicuous and you just turn around and charge stun them. It's especially effective against runners because they're constantly in high profile and give themselves away with the bright red marker glowing over their heads. You just face them and charge stunning them before they can kill you. It's a beautiful thing.
    Hey thanks for this, I'm going to go try it again. I want to get get at least ONE stun with it before hanging it up to pasture.

Mute works well too since it prevents pursuers from using their abilities. The only weakness to it is the short range and it it only effects whoever may be in the area at the time of activation. Unlike a smoke bomb that remains in effect for a brief period of time that can slow down another pursuer behind the one you used it on. Mute would not effect a 2nd pursuer behind the 1st one the way a smoke bomb could.

I've tried using Decoy too, but I honestly don't know how effective it is because your Decoy takes off running and I don't see it effect the pursuer. I guess I'd have a better opinion on it if someone used a Decoy on me but that hasn't happened yet.
    Unlocked mute and decoy today and made a test build with both of them. Did REALLY well but the opponents might have been slightly sub-par. The decoy worked much better than I expected, going around a stall and using it when I heard whispers was very effective. At least for 3-4 matches then people started to get wise
    I'm very curious as to whether it fools the compass and the LT icon above the decoy when it runs by. If it doesn't, it should.

I like mute. Takes a few misses to get the timing right but it's a guaranteed stun when you're on. I might even prefer it to smoke bomb. The problem is it's cooldown.

I don't find firecrackers very useful.
    Me. Neither. I'm pretty sure I've done more stuns than actually got killed when people use it on me. It should disable stunning for the duration or something because right now it sucks offensively and defensively. I guess it does show who's an npc but vision does the same without tipping your hand.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The only abilities I use are my beloved smoke bombs and and charge...I'm very defensive...I kill my targets by running towardws their location while out of sight and then I walk by them incognito or in a group to get the most out of my kill...and I charge my pursuers to stun them or use a long lasting smoke bomb to take them out and any other pursuer that may jump into my smoke thinking it doesn't last long... I get most of my wins for stunning all the time.

I dunno if it's just me, or yeah... But every now and then I'll see a glowing figure, and I know I won't be able to run, I'll give them the kill, but when it shows how many ponits they got, it says that they found me using templar vision... Does templar vision make the user glow like that? Or is it just something weird?

Originally posted by Eavath:
    I dunno if it's just me, or yeah... But every now and then I'll see a glowing figure, and I know I won't be able to run, I'll give them the kill, but when it shows how many ponits they got, it says that they found me using templar vision... Does templar vision make the user glow like that? Or is it just something weird?
    That is in fact Templar Vision. The glow's a dead giveaway and a sign that you probably need to do something as soon as you see it. I've gotten quite a few stuns and escapes thanks to that glow.

Well you know you can make it so the abilities last longer by completing step 3 of a certain challenge...I have it for smoke bomb and charge..I can use them quicker and they last longer.

Originally posted by TempleO:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eavath:
    That is in fact Templar Vision. The glow's a dead giveaway and a sign that you probably need to do something as soon as you see it. I've gotten quite a few stuns and escapes thanks to that glow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I guess I'm not gonna use Templar Vision then x_x I guess that does balance it out though. I think I'll stick with my disguise/morph till I find something I really like lol

Oh it's the vision causing that glow? Good to know! I thought it was glitching, heh.

I find the vision pretty much required on Advanced Wanted. With the weaker compass and nobody running around like idiots it's a lot harder to pick out your targets. Plus it's the only way you'll see the baddies coming!

EDIT: regarding the challenge comment. Yes that's true some are unlocked this way (I have the longer smoke). But it's longer OR faster recharge not both, yeah? And I'm talking about the base values before modified by the advanced versions. Though I understand your point about not fully judging an ability before you've tasted it's best version. (That said, I still think firecrackers/charge need work)

what no praise on poison yet?

psh. I'm loving poison/smoke bomb. just slip in and out of crowds, nail people with poisons, easy 800-1000 pts every time. Add to that the x2 lost target death streak, and you can rack up some serious points REAL fast.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them nerf the poison bonus from +200 to +100.

Other than poison though, decoy works great with morph like someone else said earlier. Sit on a bench opposite the morph crowd, and then send one running when they go to investigate.

Hello. In response.

CHARGE - It is both for offense and defensive uses. If your target is in a huge crowd with duplicates of his or herself, then use charge. Kill him without having to think. If you know your pursuer is in front of you, ******ed acts and whatnot, use charge. stun him straight. He wouldn't even have time to run left or right.

TEMPLAR VISION - One reason why they did not lengthen the duration of the TEMPLAR VISION is because if it was too long, the user would be invincible. He would know what would be coming to him, and where his targets will be. That's why only use it in big areas, boosting it's use to the fullest. It can also be used to identify targets hidden in morph/ disguise/ decoy.

DISGUISE - If they made DISGUISE twice as long, you could be invincible. Morph is infinite, makes the mind work as it duplicates yourself. For DISGUISE, you can hide in a crowd with 2 duplicates of yourself, and use DISGUISE, then when a pursuer comes, he'll kill either one. Quite useful, especially when in a CHASE. Hide in a crowd with one copy of yourself, pursuer comes, kills the other copy, earn LURE 100 SCORE and escape, 100 SCORE. Making it 200. Sweet eh?

FIRECRACKERS - Very useful if used in succession and smartly. Firecrackers can be used to differentiate your target from the crowd, if they have MORPHED it, or used a DISGUISE.( you would wonder what is wrong with your compass) I don't normally use it when being chased. I use SMOKE BOMB, and my pursuer gets caught in the SMOKE, I stun em. It also makes the affected person looks ******ed and like a fool as they mostly run straight at walls, even at the restricted area. lol.

DECOY - I haven't heard you mentioning anything about DECOY, so I guess you haven't unlocked them yet. DECOY is extremely useful at some points, to cut down your pursuers from 3/2 to 2/1. Having lesser pursuers, easier mind.

Originally posted by Justin125:
    The only abilities I use are my beloved smoke bombs and and charge...I'm very defensive...I kill my targets by running towardws their location while out of sight and then I walk by them incognito or in a group to get the most out of my kill...and I charge my pursuers to stun them or use a long lasting smoke bomb to take them out and any other pursuer that may jump into my smoke thinking it doesn't last long... I get most of my wins for stunning all the time.

TEMPLAR VISION AND CHARGE makes the user glow with light. CHARGE makes them glow and they shove. TEMPLAR VISION is just glowing. So when you've got a pursuer, and there's this glow, then run. Or for me, SMOKE BOMB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast