Thread: Terminate a target? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

I slowly progress in the game, I got to 'terminate a target' in a field just to the side of a safe house, a 300m walk North East from the airfield (northern map), but there's nothing there? Just trees & grass, nothing else... Somebody here to tell WHAT KIND of a target? Is someone supposed to be there? I walked 20min. to search, found nothing.

I do get annoyed by the respawning checkpoints. I thought, I destroy all the vehicles I encounter there and everywhere else, deprive enemies of available cars, ending chasing me, but to no avail; when I try to cross the checkpoint later, it's as if nothing happened, no burnt-out cars, no cars in the water anymore (I deliberately drove some cars present near checkpoints, in the river). You have to clear it all over again. The whole checkpoint gets a respawn, not just the guards. I do hope UBI gives us a choice to choose between respawning with a timer, or not at all.

If upcoming enhancements, don't appear within a short time, just my guess, but the Crysis modding scene will have a custom desert map ready in a few months, with just as large an open world as FC2. FC2 made a headstart -granted- with loading scenery without the player noticing, as to enlarge the playing ground, but not-so-far-in-the future games will all have this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I slowly progress in the game, I got to 'terminate a target' in a field just to the side of a safe house, a 300m walk North East from the airfield (northern map), but there's nothing there? Just trees & grass, nothing else... Somebody here to tell WHAT KIND of a target? Is someone supposed to be there? I walked 20min. to search, found nothing.

I do get annoyed by the respawning checkpoints. I thought, I destroy all the vehicles I encounter there and everywhere else, deprive enemies of available cars, ending chasing me, but to no avail; when I try to cross the checkpoint later, it's as if nothing happened, no burnt-out cars, no cars in the water anymore (I deliberately drove some cars present near checkpoints, in the river). You have to clear it all over again. The whole checkpoint gets a respawn, not just the guards. I do hope UBI gives us a choice to choose between respawning with a timer, or not at all.

If upcoming enhancements, don't appear within a short time, just my guess, but the Crysis modding scene will have a custom desert map ready in a few months, with just as large an open world as FC2. FC2 made a headstart -granted- with loading scenery without the player noticing, as to enlarge the playing ground, but not-so-far-in-the future games will all have this.

Are you sure the target isn't moving? The only cell phone mission at that location is a person to kill in a convoy. They circle around the airfield, so just check your map, wait till they get to your location and ambush them. If the target is not moving, the convoy must have gotten stuck, but then it would be easy to find. Maybe it's a glitch, you can try reloading a previous save.

Yeah, like he said a convoy. I just did it, for the heads up, the bodyguard is a ute with an MG while the target is in a jeep with several others.
    Hide behind the airfield as there are plenty of rocky outcrops and not many places for the convoy to escape .

If you take your time, sometimes the target in the suv will be so damaged that they go on foot. If they are alerted to your presence, they may park their vehicles and wonder off in the direction of the explosion, etc...
    On my first playthrough on hardcore, I found the Jeep damaged and in the ditch that runs north of the airport. He was about 100yards in the grass from that.
    If you throw a grenade in the general vicinity, sometimes they will come back to investigate, sometimes not.

It's already solved, I just played again from an earlier saved file, and now I saw the target (a convoy indeed) moving on the map, whereas earlier the red target circle on the map was stationary. Simple to wait for the convoy to appear in my mg sights on the jeep and shooting it up....mission accomplished.
    Maybe a small glitch. There're WAY TOO MANY of these minor errors, sometimes you shoot all guards at a checkpoint, and then discover another one behind a shed, doing nothing...WHAT the hell happened with the programmers doing the AI? They were SO good in programming the AI in Far Cry? Then we really had to fight!

If your reputation is high they will often hide behind a shed in fear rather than face you. I do agree there are quite a few glitches, like sometimes not being able to enter Mike's bar, when there's a mission there. By the way, it's not the same developers who did FC and FC2. The AI was great in the original Far Cry, but I find it's not bad in FC2. Makes sense to me that they would hide sometimes... in Far Cry you could pretty much get them all to follow you through a doorway and kill them all one by one. And in FC2, them helping their injured is pretty cool, makes for some sadistic snipe fests.

Banned
    Also killing eveyone at a safehouse and not unlocking it.

Yes, same for underground locations