Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good and Evil 2 will not be releasing this Console Generation | Forums

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by Soulid_Snake:
    This article is interesting, ancel hasn't rule out the possibility of release for the current gen consoles.

Ancel:"Okay, do we cut everything and rebuild to these consoles, or do we try to move forward?"

Does that mean the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 are out?

"I can't say totally no," Ancel said, "but the questions are still open."

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06...ting-for-it-as-much/
    First it's already very far in development, now it's still being "prototyped"... In any case if they're working on the game on far superior hardware then scaling everything down is obviously going to ruin the game, and it would require even more work. I don't think that's even an option for Ancel.

You know I wouldn't even mind the delay all that much if Ancel and his team had actually taken the time to work on BG&E HD instead of letting some inexperienced developers take charge of that project.

Some things do point to ancel being undecisive, I think it's all depending on how far the next gen console releases are, either way current or next gen release we're still look at the same timeframe.

I don't know about you lot, but i'd rather have the sequal made in the original engine, and released as HD dlc. It would save alot of money(that's right ubi),hassle and time.
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318803/
    at the end of the video the gamespot reporter asks Michel Ancel about BG&E2 and what respond .
    he just start sying biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip.
    he don't wanna say any thing about it
    -------------------------------
    hay ubi where is my BG&E 2 . how much i have to wait :x

Also the woman sitting next to Ancel did the Twilight Zone jingle thing and started laughing.

VERY childish - both of them.

This guy should have pressed him in the interview then he might have said something. But, there is something major going on, in the other interview ancel said he couldn't talk about the project in too much detail!
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

All contradictions.

On the one hand he can't talk about it, and on the other hand he's already ruffled loads of feathers by saying this generation of consoles isn't ready for the game.

Then he says 'questions are open' regarding developing for the current generation.

I say make up your mind, and quit messing with ours!

Bitebug, I don't know what to think! I still can't blame ancel, it's ubi's handling of the series that cheeses me off, they're so half hearted. Keeping the faith in the sequal is getting really draining! Like I said once before I hope it's worth the wait, look at how duke nukem forever panned out.
    Currently waiting on:

I am sorry people... it just hit me what happened.

On Tuesday, another game I have been following for years will finally hit the shelves, Duke Nukem Forever. Now, a 15 year delay for this franchise.

If I like a game, apparently the industry conspires to keep a sequel from me.

It's all my fault. I am sooooo sorry!

Right now this is interesting, it's speculated that the Wii U will have 50% more processing power than the PS3, but this has been also mentioned by some devs.

Source: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/117/1176149p1.html

What else is interesting is that sources from crytek have reported that the 360 sucessor is in the works possibly ready for a E3 2012 reveal.

Source: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1176197p1.html
    Currently waiting on:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast