Thread: Memory Upgrade? Worth it? | Forums

I just got R6v2 and really enjoy it.
    The load times are a little long (30 secs) when first loading the main menu and between exiting the mission and returning to the main menu (20secs).
    I am running
    xp x64
    Amd X2 6000+
    Nvidia 8800 256MB (i think)
    with 2GB of Ram,

Does anyone know if bumping up the ram would speed up the load times, The in-game performance is great. 60FPS+ (I don't even notice any movement probs (guys walking too sloooowwww)).

The only other thing that may be killing the load times would be the hard drive I am on, I could move the install dir to a different speedier drive and see if it helps.

How much are you guys running with?

adam
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I just got R6v2 and really enjoy it.
    The load times are a little long (30 secs) when first loading the main menu and between exiting the mission and returning to the main menu (20secs).
    I am running
    xp x64
    Amd X2 6000+
    Nvidia 8800 256MB (i think)
    with 2GB of Ram,

Does anyone know if bumping up the ram would speed up the load times, The in-game performance is great. 60FPS+ (I don't even notice any movement probs (guys walking too sloooowwww)).

The only other thing that may be killing the load times would be the hard drive I am on, I could move the install dir to a different speedier drive and see if it helps.

How much are you guys running with?

adam

Banned
    Loading more memory will not yield any benefits for you, at least, not for this game. Extensive loading times is because of bad coding on UBI's part I am afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Want2Snipe:
    Loading more memory will not yield any benefits for you, at least, not for this game. Extensive loading times is because of bad coding on UBI's part I am afraid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh, I had "until ram took a crap" 3gigs and still loads the same "with only 1 gig left"
    btw--graw loads slow as snail also?
    but, Oh well Its fun anyway "graw not vegas"
    -------peace--------