Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite movie(s) + favorite part(s) (SPOILERS WILL BE PRESENT) | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Banned
    ok so just basically tell ur fav movie and ur fav part andyea.. im not big on movies so i just made this so the forums wouldnt die TOO fast :P

but i DO like all the jackie chan movies and how at the end it shows all his messups
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

mine is prbably blazing saddles... i dont rmember much of it, but it was hilarious at the end how the whole town is just a big set, etc... one has to see the movie, maybe the funniest ever... mel brooks and gene wilder are my heros... as well as kubrick

Banned
    I used to be a big film buff, but I've slacked off because movies these days seem to be of the zero risk / formulated for mass ticket sales realm. Most of my favorites end at the 1999 mark...

The Hudsucker Proxy - Great comedy by a team up of Sam Rami (Evil Dear and Spiderman serieses) and the Coen brothers (Raising Arizona, The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where art Thou?).
    One of my favorite lines (because no one ever gets the joke) "Get me more on that story on the commie grain surplus!". Top-notch special effects also.

Die Hard - The sequals are nothing compared to the original. Probably the most overly detailed action movie ever. There's soo many little things to notice during the movie...

When McLaine speaks to Hans on the HAM radio and Hans tells him "I want you to speak to someone, someone very close to you who was at the party." Watch McClane's face, he thinks Hans has figured out that his wife is among the hostages, so he quietly freaks out till he hears who it really is Hans is making him talk to, then he doesn't quite know how to react.

The numbers he pushes on the elevator so he can get onto it's roof and spy on the "terrorists".

First action movie to be done in such a way that people actualy felt the hero might die at any point.

The movie broke a rule of editing that stated that a cut should not be done in a scene when the camera is moving. The rule is no longer followed as cutting during camera movement is done all the time now (sometimes very badly). John McTiernan had to fire his original editor because he refused to do it.

Hard Boiled - Not an all around good movie just John Woo's best (and last) Hong Kong flick. John Woo is an action director that sparked alot of what's done in action movies these days. He also has a trademark of having his main character use a gun in each hand at some point. John Woo movies is what Action Half-Life was originaly based off of.

Face / Off - His best American Movie

SE7EN - I still think this movie rips off Blade Runner in a twisted fashion. None the less it's a movie that is incredible both in terms of story with it's non-Hollywood ending, and on a technical level on how well it was shot. The film was developed using a method where flakes of silver are used in the development of the film. It makes the bright areas of the film very ghostly and vivid and the darks pitch black. Also the mossy like filtering used during filming. Someone once said the thing with a David Fincher film is that every frame looks like it's an individual piece of art.

The city the movie takes place in is fictional, the world the city is in is a dystopian fictional world also. Alot of work went into altering the enviroment so you couldn't pin down what city it was being filmed in (LA).

Aliens - Nuff said.

Empire of the Sun and Saving Private Ryan - My two favorite serious Speilberg movies.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom - I do not like Last Crusade, I don't hate it but I don't like the goofyness all the charcters seem to take on. Pluss the scene where his bag gets caught on the tank's gun is rediculous. All he'd have to do is pull his arm out of it, he's not actualy stuck in any way. I do like the last 3 tests at the end though.

No tall blond as cute as that girl should ever die in a movie.

LotR's - Easily my all around favorite. Anything that can sweep even the original Star Wars out of my favotire trilogy spot... Pluss all those years of playing AD&D at lunch sudenly seem to have more meaning...

That's good enough for now.

I would have to say We Were Soldiers. Great war flick plus it was my dads outfit.

My favorite movie is scarface you all know the best part

my fav movie is office space. my fav part in it was when they destroy the fax machine/printer

Quote from George W Bush:
    "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test"

that scene is a classic, the movie was great, nopt my fav, but it was some good times

I'm not posting a favorite part of a movie, but rather I need explanations

The movie? The Manchurian Candidate

Totally blew me off; Anyone else see it?

new one or old one? haven't seen either...

or am i wrong and there is no new one...

The new one

With Denzel Washington and Meryl Streep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast