Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Screen Crash | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Banned
    Originally posted by StealthySam11:
    This indeed looks like a handy method to manually Edit and enter the Game resolution values, and even other Settings.
    yes, it looks we may be able to edit few more Video Settings inside this 'ConvictionUserPC.ini, though I haven't tried this yet with my game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
    Give this method a TRY:

For this, you need to first manually edit the game's config file, which is ConvictionUserPC.ini. Open this config file i.e. 'ConvictionUserPC.ini' with notepad, and search for the following heading/lines e.g.:

[UserVideoOptions.Your_USER.ACCOUNT_Name]
    VisualQuality=2
    StartupFullscreen=True
    FullscreenViewportX=
    FullscreenViewportY=

MaxRefreshRate=60
    WindowedViewportX=
    WindowedViewportY=
    UseVSync=False
    UseHDR=True
    MonitorAspect=-1.000000......

Enter the correct values of your Desktop's screen resolution inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y=' lines and save this file. The above config file can be found here: C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini. Note your Desktop's current Resolution Mode, and enter those Values inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y=' lines.

These Folders may be 'Hidden' under Windows, so make a note of this. First PATCH the Game to the latest version, and then try entering these values. Also check the value of the variable 'MaxRefreshRate='.
    Ok, thanks a lot for this solution and Method. It works perfectly !

I also tried editing 2 more Video game settings in this file.

Off topic: Has anyone played Conviction on Multiple/Triple Monitor Screens ? Hope the game supports it, as I want to play it on Nvidia Surround ! (sorry for asking again).

Originally posted by KingDaniel0:

Anyways, Could this CTD be related to the Game starting in an unsupported Screen Resolution, and hence the Black Screen ?? OK, Give this method a TRY:

For this, you need to first manually edit the game's config file, which is ConvictionUserPC.ini. Open this config file i.e. 'ConvictionUserPC.ini' with notepad, and search for the following heading/lines e.g.:

[UserVideoOptions.Your_USER.ACCOUNT_Name]
    VisualQuality=2
    StartupFullscreen=True
    FullscreenViewportX=
    FullscreenViewportY=

MaxRefreshRate=60
    WindowedViewportX=
    WindowedViewportY=
    UseVSync=False
    UseHDR=True
    MonitorAspect=-1.000000......

Enter the correct values of your Desktop's screen resolution inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y=' lines and save this file. The above config file can be found here: C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini. Note your Desktop's current Resolution Mode, and enter those Values inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y=' lines.

These Folders may be 'Hidden' under Windows, so make a note of this. First PATCH the Game to the latest version, and then try entering these values. Also check the value of the variable 'MaxRefreshRate='.
    THANKS a Bunch for this solution ! Yesterday, I reformatted my OS and re-installed my game, and I was facing the same problem as the OP.

KingDaniel0, Your method and your solution works perfectly !
    Josh.

Banned
    Originally posted by justinpunny:
    Off topic: Has anyone played Conviction on Multiple/Triple Monitor Screens ? Hope the game supports it, as I want to play it on Nvidia Surround ! (sorry for asking again).

Yes, i read somewhere in a Gaming forum that we can play this game on 2-3 monitors.

oh by the way KingDaniel0, I hope conviction be played on 2-3 monitors i.e. TripleHead ? But, Do we just need to enter the resolution values in the above convictionuserPC.ini file, or there is some other setting as well ?

I think convicition will run on multiple monitors.

Originally posted by kunalsaha:

oh by the way KingDaniel0, I hope conviction be played on 2-3 monitors i.e. TripleHead ? But, Do we just need to enter the resolution values in the above convictionuserPC.ini file, or there is some other setting as well ?

I think convicition will run on multiple monitors.
    The game should support Multi-monitor setup i.e. ATI Eyefinity and/or Nvidia Surround, but you might get Black bars on the screen. The game is Anamorphic in nature.

Actually the previous patch i.e. v1.02 added ATI Eyefinity support for this game.....

But apart from entering the Screen Resolution values, you need to change one variable in the above config file which is MinTripleDispRatio.

For 'TripleHead2Go' users the above variable value needs to be reduced e.g. for 3840x1024 users.

[Engine.Display]
    MinTripleDispRatio=3.9

From 3.9 you should make it 3.75 or any lower value. This is the minimum AR, because 3.9 is high for 3x 5:4 TripleHead.

-------------------------------------

Banned

Alright, 'Kunalsaha' and 'KingDaniel'. Thanks a lot for your input and replies. That answers my query.

I guess I will buy another Monitor for myself very soon, because 2 is enough for me. I don't want 3 screens though.

cheers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123