Thread: FC: IP and Far Cry 2 online will completely die once Far Cry 3 releases. | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Banned
    The title says it all.

The only way this will happen is if Far Cry 3 has everything that everyone wants. If it has everybody desires for example:
    Map editor (10000x better and with AIs) okay maybe not the AI part

Online Multiplayer has Predator

Endless hours of SP gameplay

Film Maker (a.k.a Theater Mode) it would make sense if this was included because Jason Brody is using a camera and also the exclusive teaser trailer.

Remember these are just examples! And what ever anyone wants (not everything there are some bad ideas out there!)

Honestly the only people that will keep playing
    FC: IP and Far Cry 2 probably dont have the money to get Far Cry 3 (so that means save up you're money now or miss the action)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

you couldnt be more wrong.

FCIP is the only game i play. ONLY. (i do have FC2), but if FC3 is anything like FC2 then i will not be buying it and i will continue to play FCIP with my online freinds who play it religiously.

Banned
    Originally posted by yngwie1:
    you couldnt be more wrong.

FCIP is the only game i play. ONLY. (i do have FC2), but if FC3 is anything like FC2 then i will not be buying it and i will continue to play FCIP with my online freinds who play it religiously.
    You need to learn to read. I said if it has everything everyone wants (that means it will have you're little predator mode on there okay!)

Plus you need to move on, FC: IP is 2006 old and I hope UBISOFT shuts the online server for that game and maybe FC2. So then they can bulid the best server for the best game coming out.

Couldn't disagree more. I hope that both the online server for FC IP and FC2 remain open. Even if FC3 is able to mash many of the elements from FCIP and FC2 together; there is going to be gamers who feel disappointed that things were left out.

I hope not i have some sweet maps almost done for fc2 that need to see some battle.

imo the map editor was the biggest advantage in fc2. The popularity of it far outweighed the engine or the story. Just look at the number of maps there are on the servers. If fc3 promises a similar editor it will blow the competition out of the water. If it doesnt, it will be gathering dust by the end of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by GUN_SABOTUR View Post
    imo the map editor was the biggest advantage in fc2. The popularity of it far outweighed the engine or the story. Just look at the number of maps there are on the servers. If fc3 promises a similar editor it will blow the competition out of the water. If it doesn't, it will be gathering dust by the end of 2012.
    Agreed. Ubisoft need to make sure they learn their mistakes from companies like EA who removed map editor as an option in some of their games like Battlefield 3. Especially if Far Cry 4s release won't come anytime sooner after Far Cry's 3 release because we want to make sure that the game they give us will hold for a longer time.

The money that we will pay for the game will be worth much more and we won't have our doubts as to whether we should or we shouldn't buy the game. I also want Far Cry 3 to have dedicated servers.

And of-course a great single player campaign will also be encouraging. I want something at the size of Far Cry 1. I don't like how some games nowadays, particularly latest ones like MW3, BF3, etc can be completed within 6-8 hours. I hope Single Player for Far Cry 3 will take at least 15-20 hours to complete and if it doesn't it will need to have replayability value.

Like me - you can probably see immediately if a game has been made to simply cash-in or if it has been made in the spirit of gaming for the development of gaming for players. I remember with complete awe the first game I bought made by David Braben. The point is that fc3 could easily be a quick buck game or it could be something that is remembered well into our future. Thats not my decision - just my advice to the devs. I have seen over the years some great games - fc2 stands out a mile from alot of others. I just hope fc3 will not be a disappointment.

Yeah that will be quite apparent. It was like that when I first bought Far Cry 2. I bought it before Far Cry 1. Far Cry 2 is kinda disappointing, except for the Multiplayer. Single Player was a little too repetitive. I bought recently Far Cry 1 for PC from PC World for £2.97 just before New Years. It's a truly breathtaking game. I should've bought it in the first place 8 years ago, lol, didn't have a good PC back then.
    Anyway I hope Far Cry 3 won't be a disappointment. However, looking at the screenshots at gamespot as well as the E3 gameplay trailer video footage of it feels very promising. It's heading to the Far Cry 1 direction and not the depressive deserted environments like FC2.

I believe Far Cry 3 has the potential to be game of the year, if the developers can properly develop it. I am optimistic that they can pull it off. But we shouldn't forget that just having a tropical island won't make the game successful. There are quite a few games based on tropical islands that were not successful such as COH: Conspiracy Island. So of-course I won't rush to buy Far Cry 3 or pre-order it just yet, only because it feels as promising as Far Cry 1. A great AI, long single player story campaign, multiplayer, etc all will be key factors in whether I will buy the game. I will most likely wait for the reviews first, such as from gamespot. If they give us good ratings/review I will probably buy it.

if FC3 is anything like FC2, in the gameplaye sense.....then it may very well be dead before it even comes out. 95% of us who play ONLY FCIP, cannot stand FC2, and alot of us said the same that if FC3 is like it then alot of people will not be buying it. i will not be going by reviews from religous FC2 players, but rather from religous FCIP players. i hope the servers do not abandon FCIP, actually the game needs more support theres a few things that could be fixed/added.....the map manager should be convenient so that you can type if you have 1000 maps you should be able to type in what you want to at least narrow down the letters it starts with. or at least instead of scrolling alllll the way down to the bottom of the list, you should be able to hit UP and it will scroll up starting at the bottom of the list.

like ive said in another post. me buying FC3 will not depend on the presence of a map editor, but rather the gameplay.