Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D2D problems Would appreciate any help | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

I downloaded Splinter Cell Chaos Theory last night from file planet through D2D, however when I went to extract the first file downloaded, my WinRar program came up when I clicked on it. (D2D said not to use WinRar for extraction). I was so tired however that I didn't notice this. Anyway the files were extracted through WinRar and after completing, it said to insert diskette to finish installation. I then realized that I wasn't supposed to use WinRar and cancelled it. I then deleted the file on my desktop and emptied it from the recycle bin.

I wasn't sure what to do so I right clicked on the first file downloaded , (of which there were 2 separate files to download), and choose open with Winzip, (which D2D said to use,) and the files were extracted that way which created another file on my desktop. I then tried to open file # 2 to run setup.exe, however at that point my trial version of Winzip came up and I had no choice but to run that program and extract the files from that, which created another file on the desktop.

Now I have the original 2 files that were downloaded on the desktop, plus the 2 that were extracted, but when I click on any of these, it just brings up Winzip again asking if I want to extract the files again, so I’m at a complete loss as what to do.

There’s no phone support for D2D and it takes 3 or 4 days for them to get back to you through email, so if anyone knows anything about this stuff ( as I’m obviously clueless), I would really REALLY appreciate any help.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I downloaded Splinter Cell Chaos Theory last night from file planet through D2D, however when I went to extract the first file downloaded, my WinRar program came up when I clicked on it. (D2D said not to use WinRar for extraction). I was so tired however that I didn't notice this. Anyway the files were extracted through WinRar and after completing, it said to insert diskette to finish installation. I then realized that I wasn't supposed to use WinRar and cancelled it. I then deleted the file on my desktop and emptied it from the recycle bin.

I wasn't sure what to do so I right clicked on the first file downloaded , (of which there were 2 separate files to download), and choose open with Winzip, (which D2D said to use,) and the files were extracted that way which created another file on my desktop. I then tried to open file # 2 to run setup.exe, however at that point my trial version of Winzip came up and I had no choice but to run that program and extract the files from that, which created another file on the desktop.

Now I have the original 2 files that were downloaded on the desktop, plus the 2 that were extracted, but when I click on any of these, it just brings up Winzip again asking if I want to extract the files again, so I’m at a complete loss as what to do.

There’s no phone support for D2D and it takes 3 or 4 days for them to get back to you through email, so if anyone knows anything about this stuff ( as I’m obviously clueless), I would really REALLY appreciate any help.

OK, you must be doing soemthing wrong.

Sadly it confuses the heck out of me, especially this sentence : <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>however at that point my trial version of Winzip came up and I had no choice but to run that program and extract the files from that, which created another file on the desktop. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you extract the files if the trial version came up? I don't get it?
    Did you extract it with WinRAR afterwards, or what?

Why don't you extract the files again? How do you know they're the same?
    Do you at least have the Setup.exe on your desktop?

Please reiterate your post and be more specific!

BTW, i'm still downloading it, so for more detailed help you'll have to wait.
    Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!
    LotR, Book 5 - The ride of the Rohirrim

Thanks very much for the reply. I have Winzip, but never payed for it, so everytime I download a demo for example, Winzip will come up and tell me my trial version has expired but it still lets me use it and it does extract the files.

As far as the setup.exe, no I don't have that on there, because if I left click on the files already extracted it brings up Winzip again. Should I open with Winzip again? I really appreciate the help.

Sorry to hear about that bro, I downloaded it, took 7 hours so I didnt get to play except for like 10 mins when I awoke after a 2 hour nap, I had no issues whatsoever, i extracted clicked the install button and it worked perfect, put a whole **** load of files on my desktop but i found you dint need them after installation so i deleted them started up game and it wokred fine, also dont have that win thing running,it enevr comes up. Well I wish you luck and hope to see you on chaos theory soon. PEACE

Can't help you bro, as I still havent completed the download. However, your problem, at least what i was able to understand sounds fairly small and easy to fix. I would suggest deleting ALL the files that were extracted to your desktop, and just extracting the .zip files again using only winZIP. Once you did that right, we may have a better idea of what is causing the problem. Just a suggestion
    darkcellx glad it works perfectly for you. I was seeing several posts of ppl not being able ot get it to work, and i was getting nervous
    GO TEAM NEGATIVITY!

go to the unzipped folder on your c drive...

Hey guys. Thanks for the replys. I have deleted all the files and downloading the whole thing again.

The download is going very fast at 390 KB a second so the whole thing is only going to take me a couple of hrs. I just emailed D2D again for support, but I doubt that I'll hear from them anytime soon.

Anyways, what I'd like to know is;

Should I right click the first file, then choose Winzip to open, because I have a feeling that WinRar will come up again by default.

Once I do that, should I then do the same with the second part of the download?

After that, I'm not sure what to do as well. Should I then click on the two newly created files on the desktop and use Winzip again? I apologize for all the questions, but I really don't know, and the anal wipes at IGN, Gamespy, and D2D are VERY slow at answering questions.

I offer my humble gratitude for all the help.

OK. much better. Now, i dont know what the exact process is to install, but I assume both files are extracted into a folder, then setup.exe us run. To those who have isntalled it, if this is incorrect, please clarify. Go here C:\Program Files\Winzip (or wherever you installed it.) and run winzip32.exe then options&gt;configuration&gt; and look under the system tab for "associate winzip with archives" check that, and click the "associates" button under it. Be sure to check the .zip one way at the bottom. Now in the future all .zip files should open with winzip. Not sure about installation, I would guess to extract both files into the same folder and run setup. there might be instructions in the first .zip
    GO TEAM NEGATIVITY!

Hey Tar. Thanks. I did what you said and "associate winzip with archives" was already checked. I then went to associates and there was nothing at the bottom that said "zip one way" however there were 3 in that window that weren't checked called ARC (WinAce) and ARJ (WinAce) and LZH (Winace). Should I check those?

Also I'm not sure how to extract both files into the same folder. Thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast