Thread: Can't re-install | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Question Can't re-install

So, I got Heroes VI today... And installed it... Fancy something going wrong in the installation, and game not working, no biggie... So I uninstall the game to try and install it again...

Once I got the game uninstalled though, Uplay still claims the game is installed... If I click play, it'll come up with an error saying something might be wrong with your installation of the game. If I click uninstall, it pops up the windows uninstaller, which doesn't list heroes 6 in it, because it has already been uninstalled.

I've gone hunting, tried to remove every trace of every heroes 6 related folder... No avail.

I've re-installed Uplay launcher several times... No avail.

I also found a post detailing how to remove Heroes 6 from registry, which allowed the Uplay launcher to accept the game was no longer on the computer, unfortunately I wasn't so fortunate with the installer.

"the setup has detected that version %VI of P is already installed

This setup installs an earlier version of %P (%VS)

You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version."
    Last edited by ZeCaoow; 05-06-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Issue not solved after all...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I previously stated I had found the solution, seems I jumped the gun. I did find the solution to Uplayer, though my solution did not satisfy the installer itself...

... Found another solution, went at it hammer and tongs, removing everything ubisoft related everywhere, and re-installed everything... It's installing now, and I'm hoping it'll work this time around... Jeebus...
    Last edited by ZeCaoow; 05-06-2015 at 08:49 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote