Brimtown's Avatar Senior Member
    If you like progressive, symphonic rock, then you must get this album. It's a 2-CD set, with the second disc being an orchestral version of the first.

Bye Bye Beautiful

The Poet & the Pendulum - Pt 1

Sahara

If you like progressive, symphonic rock, then you must get this album. It's a 2-CD set, with the second disc being an orchestral version of the first.

Bye Bye Beautiful

The Poet & the Pendulum - Pt 1

Sahara

Are they the one that did "10th man down"?

If so, they are great. Thats one of the few songs I can listen to over and over again and not get bored of it.

That would indeed be them. They're also the ones who did I Wish I had an Angel.

They have a new female vocalist on this new CD - the last one quit/got fired, depending on how you look at it. The song "Bye Bye Beautiful" was written about her. The new female vocalist ain't half bad herself.

Not bad really. Pretty good band coming out of Finland.

Hey Brim. They are on tour now and will be in Orlando November 15th, at Club Firestone. Just a heads up. Maybe you can catch their live show.

As i was watching the Bye Bye Beautiful video i was thinking "so what" until the guy with the forked beard showed up. Suddenly they became awesome.

EDIT: It would seem that the second disk is merely the instrumental versions of the first disk's tracks, not an orchestral. Though the three-disk limited edition set does include an orchestral version of one of the songs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DocHolidazed:
    Not bad really. Pretty good band coming out of Finland.

Hey Brim. They are on tour now and will be in Orlando November 15th, at Club Firestone. Just a heads up. Maybe you can catch their live show. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting note - I'm sure that they were originally scheduled to perform at Disney's House of Blues - but lately Disney has been forcing all metal bands to take their act elsewhere. Here is the link.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emp_wordsmith:
    EDIT: It would seem that the second disk is merely the instrumental versions of the first disk's tracks, not an orchestral. Though the three-disk limited edition set does include an orchestral version of one of the songs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I just looked at the CD - the second disc is the orchestral version of the first disc.

New singer is from Sweden. Anette Olzon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKHYKE0fac

I female singers with great voices, especially if they're good looking to boot.