Thread: lan connection | Forums

we used to be able to connect all of our computers via lan, when playing IL_2 Sturmovik.
    Now the connection always times out and we can't fly multiplayer. The only change that I can remember making is that we all installed the same new ATI drivers for our Radeon cards. The cards work fine.
    Maybe we need to use a different "address" than we always did before. Where would I find that information? Does anyone have any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

we used to be able to connect all of our computers via lan, when playing IL_2 Sturmovik.
    Now the connection always times out and we can't fly multiplayer. The only change that I can remember making is that we all installed the same new ATI drivers for our Radeon cards. The cards work fine.
    Maybe we need to use a different "address" than we always did before. Where would I find that information? Does anyone have any ideas?

what os?
    same network?
    hub or router to connect?

New forums!

all of the machines are operating on MS 2000.
    They all have very comparable specs, including same motherboards, video cards and proccessors, which are P4 2.4 Ghz. They are all set on the "Lan" connection within the game settings. We are using a Hub, and it shows that they are all connected. We also tried connecting two machines together directly, just to see if that would solve the problem, but it didn't.
    I feel so stupid, but I don't remember where we originally got the numbers that we always used for the address of the server. The number that used to work for us was 169.254.239.209
    Is that a standard number for all of these IL-2
    Cds? Or does each CD use a different number?
    The only other thing that occurred to me is that maybe I have switched disk around, and have different CD's in different machines than those in which they were originally installed. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling each CD in the respective machines, just in case that switching of Disk had created a problem. However, it didn't make any difference. The frustrating thing is that this all used to work just fine. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for responding

Consult the il2/FB manual, Creating a server. Explains the use of ipconf. If the host is running a firewall, he has to either disable it or allow the ip address of the other machines to have access. Be sure all are in the same domain - ie. Workgroup, MSHome, ect.

New forums!