Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing again | Forums

PS - Sorry, I'm not running an Apple, and I don't know what OS means. My computer is hand built over a number of years so it isn't what it was originally. I have a guy in a computer shop who gives it a re-build every year or so to make it run faster and give it more memory for my art content (I'm a cartoonist plus I dabble in portraits and other stuff). I play Myst to keep the brain cells working. xxxx
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

oops! forgot to mention - all the lines I deleted had something about Myst IV in it. And yes, I'm on Windows XP.

PS - Sorry, I'm not running an Apple, and I don't know what OS means.
    "OS" is short for "Operating System" and just means Windows, or Macintosh, or Linux, or whatever software runs the computer after you boot it up.
    ... all the lines I deleted had something about Myst IV in it. And yes, I'm on Windows XP.
    So your "OS" is Windows XP, and apparently "vpd.properties" containing references to Myst IV was included in your installation on your Windows computer.

Actually I'm pretty sure that file is not useful at all to the re-installation of either Myst IV or Myst V. Read through the thread linked in my previous post.
    -------------------------------------------
    Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to SUFFERING! - Yoda

Oh, right! so that means I could have deleted it safely? I hate deleting things I'm not sure of, but you are saying i can? Thanks again for responding - much appreciated... Laney

Read the guff on "vpd.properties" from your link. Interesting that the file is really useless (unless you work for IBM I suppose) - I feel better about deleting it now... thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12