Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tools for movie makers, and other miscellaneous stuff | Forums

Hey all.

I had a question about mouse emulator for those who use it. This has been a stumbling block for me for a while.

Do you have to remap the in game keys that correspond to the mouse emulator keys so they don't conflict? Also, the readme states mu doesn't work with directx or directinput. Do you have to manually disable those things in Windows XP for mu to work?

There isn't an over-abundance of info on how to run this program and it appears to be a must have for smooth pans.

Would really appreciate any guidance from the more seasoned movie makers here. I can do or figure out everything else from Fraps to Movie Maker to Sony Vegas to Virtual Dub.

Thanks again.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by Woodrow79:
    Hey all.

I had a question about mouse emulator for those who use it. This has been a stumbling block for me for a while.

Do you have to remap the in game keys that correspond to the mouse emulator keys so they don't conflict? Also, the readme states mu doesn't work with directx or directinput. Do you have to manually disable those things in Windows XP for mu to work?

There isn't an over-abundance of info on how to run this program and it appears to be a must have for smooth pans.

Would really appreciate any guidance from the more seasoned movie makers here. I can do or figure out everything else from Fraps to Movie Maker to Sony Vegas to Virtual Dub.

Thanks again.
    I tried to respond earlier, but couldn't get past the login screen.

For me, I use a program that is called JoyToKey ( http://www.softpedia.com/get/T...Tweak/JoyToKey.shtml ) that allows me to emulate the mouse with a Joystick. So by moving the JS I can pan the camera around continuously, where with a mouse one gas to stop as they run out of arm length or table space.

When used in conjunction with PAT_Mod (Camera mod) one can get some excellent camera shots. 90% of all camera movements in this video of mine, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCurKtdYN60 , are by using JoyToMouse with the PAT_Mod. The single shot from 2:45 to 3:15 I could never have been done using just a mouse.

As to the keys, I have two installs of IL-2, one is for playing on and recording the tracks themselves, the other is for filming. That way I do not have conflicting key controls as you asked about.

Thanks for the info Wailwulf. Have downloaded JoyToKey and will try it out. Enjoyed the film as well. Some great shots. Also, the music fit quite well. I know some don't like anything but period music in '46 movies but I think the right choice of something modern works well.

And I have 4 installs of '46 for the various mod packs out there but hadn't even thought of one just for filming. Another idea I will be putting into use.

Thanks again!

Woodrow

Originally posted by Wailwulf:
    Over at AAA, there was a question about the PAT_MOD (acrobatic colored smoke and camera angles, PAT=Polish Acrobatic Team), mainly the camera use of the mod. The person was having trouble implementing the mod when pressing the keys F8 & F9 which the mod creator has said to use for the mod. He also wanted to know how the mod worked for camera angles. There was also discussion on getting the PAT_MOD to work with other mods

Here is my answer to him. Hope it helps others. This reply may be reworked to be included in a FAQ or to answer another's questions on the PAT_MOD.

I currently use Ultra Pack with the Uranium Effects Mod.

Edited: Removed text containing instructions for use of Mods.

Edited: Removed link.
    I guess I broke a rule three and a half months ago by posting how to use the PAT_Mod to make better movies for IL-2 in the IL-2 Movie Maker's forum.

If you wish to know how to use the PAT_Mod so you can make better movies, just search some of the other sites I post at.

Hi Guys,
    The link to the Mouse Emulator is dead. Anyone have one that works good? I found one but it's too fast (even on slow). This camera working is tough business!

Originally posted by Vurginian:
    Hi Guys,
    The link to the Mouse Emulator is dead. Anyone have one that works good? I found one but it's too fast (even on slow). This camera working is tough business!
    Here is Joy2Mouse:
    http://atzitznet.no-ip.org/Joy2Mouse3/

**D*MN, just noticed I am exactly a year late on this answer.

I'm looking at Poser to add 3d people and other models to films. Any other program of this kind to check out? Is there alot of content downloadable for Poser and its competitors?

Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234