Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tools for movie makers, and other miscellaneous stuff | Forums

Does anybody no how to take ALL the text out of the game. I know how to take out the text from speech but how do you take out the blue text on the right side of youre screen?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Edit config file. Don't remember exactly which one, something like HUDmessages

Originally posted by Noway6:
    Does anybody no how to take ALL the text out of the game. I know how to take out the text from speech but how do you take out the blue text on the right side of youre screen?
    Also an option for no messages on track playback menu.

To edit the config file, use notepad and look for confi.ini in the IL2 root folder.

Alternatively, download the free IL2 mission manager utility program. Then all you have to to do is flick a switch. I think it;'s called HUD Text.

The motion sketching tutorial link in Tooz's post is dead now. Luckily, I saved the webpage so here is a pdf of it for download:

Motion Sketching:
    Adobe After Effects-Tutorial

--Great Flight Sim Movies
    --My Movies--

Thanks for the excellent info on movie making tools...i have been trying to make a movie site like moviedownloadmatrix and you guys have got the answers i have been looking for!

Thanks!

Its a bit expensive at $400, but "IF" you can get your hands on a copy, I really recommend you watch the full 6 DVD's of Hollywood Camera Works. THE definitive guide to professional camera techniques.

I have just finished volume 2, learning line crosses and camera positions is like watching triangles having an orgy. Absolutely a must for the serious film maker.

Banned
    Whats the best program for editing movies?

I want to take a movie and turn it black and white and I want to do some special effects to it, what free program do I use?

Thanks.

Virtual Dub

See second post in this thread, Dec 2005.

Free.

Over at AAA, there was a question about the PAT_MOD (acrobatic colored smoke and camera angles, PAT=Polish Acrobatic Team), mainly the camera use of the mod. The person was having trouble implementing the mod when pressing the keys F8 & F9 which the mod creator has said to use for the mod. He also wanted to know how the mod worked for camera angles. There was also discussion on getting the PAT_MOD to work with other mods

Here is my answer to him. Hope it helps others. This reply may be reworked to be included in a FAQ or to answer another's questions on the PAT_MOD.

I currently use Ultra Pack with the Uranium Effects Mod.

Edited: Removed text containing instructions for use of Mods.

Edited: Removed link.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast