Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curiosity Age | Forums

between the city and the farm, Mid-Atlantic, USA
    For the side of us that desires to see or learn something different everyday

I recently discovered the 'Stumble' extension for Firefox. Pretty much what it does is that it produces a random website that you normally wouldn't think of viewing otherwise. Topics can vary on what your interests are (history, math, pictures, humor, music, etc).

In somewhat close association of that extension, this thread/Age is for spreading the unknowns of the internet among us forumites. Discussions and commentary are welcome too, provided that there are no flaming posts directed at one another.

Regulations:
    1) post contributions in form of LINKS only (as opposed to articles, pictures). While it would be nice to show the picture in here, we want to make sure there is a basic enough loading time for everyone who views this. It also saves scrolling time.
    2) NO SPAM
    3) NO VIRUSES
    4) try to limit the amount of commercial advertising as possible on the links for most of them go against forum rules. For example, do not place links up where the number of visits help an overall gain for the poster or links that promote illegal softwares
    5) no derogatory or flaming posts: this is a fun thread, and while discussions/commentaries are welcome, insults are not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, for my contributions:

Burma illusion on lake

Top 100 Math Theorems
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    Albert Einstein

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The rocks kids site

This is just a random site. yes, I've heard of that Speedy!
    I would not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum. ~ Frances Willard

What lead you to that one, Toria? The Aussie pub? Maybe the A&C could use a few pointers from that site!

For Tolkien fans.
    Albert Einstein

Amanite Design the guys who did Samorost 1 and 2
    I would not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum. ~ Frances Willard

I remember playing Samorost. Cute game!

Miniature Earth
    Wow, it's amazing what we take for granted...
    Albert Einstein

I got a feeling that there will be many more viewers than posts, but that's okay. Here is my input: How stuff works tells me how things do what they do.
    -----------------
    UL KI #02641400 Beven DRC (37)
    Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. A. Van Buren, 1978
    * An unbrea

It just doesn't have to be links though... maybe I should clarify that in the intro post. Commentary and discussion are welcome too!

(goes off to edit first post)
    Albert Einstein

Well, in that case, the Miniature Earth website you found, Speedy, was an excellent find.
    Purveyor of Epigrams and Tenets
    "Everything is true - from a certain point of view."

Uru Live Ki number: 01320215

Professor Thietris Squirrel, CEO, President and Managing Director, Institution of Advanced Exploration of Myst Worlds Thietris's Avatar
    Good idea for a thread, Speedy.

How about a little music?

WOW @ that video you posted Thietris, and thank you for posting it. AMAZING to see the great Glenn Gould in action. He almost "feels" the music as you can see there. It's a part of him.

Can I tell a story without trying to sound "full of it" I hope?

My dad was in the same high school as Glenn Gould, although 2 years ahead of him, in Toronto, ON, Canada. At one of his concerts at the school, my dad was the music page turner, but he felt useless - as Mr. Gould (or Master Gould I guess), never even looked at the music. LOL. He was seen by most as "eccentric" and mad-genius sort of amazing.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast