Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UBISoft to abandon SH5...............?????????????? | Forums

Ubisoft dropped the Axe hard and fast on SH3 and SH4; releasing a few modest patches then completely abandoning the titles in a hurry.

After all, subsims such as these don't represent a large market segment ala "Just Dance" for Wii or AC2 for 360.

I've heard the Dev's are already deep into other projects/titles so who's betting that UbiSoft really cares about adding the missing incomplete features and going on a Bug squashing rampage for a title that has already tanked...

Based on the absence of information and encouragement from any of the Dev's, or anyone from the UBISoft Corporation, that the glaring bugs/ommisions that should have been attented to, PRIOR TO RELEASE, will be addressed, for a game that is getting creamed by complaints, all over the net, it's apparent they don't really give a darn.

They got their money from the loyal fans of the series and the ignorant new consumers and they will devote their time and efforts on absorbing the loss on AC3.

After the HORRID release state of this game and the FIASCO of the DRM Inability to allow legit consumers to play the game UBISoft owes us BIG TIME!

Anyone from UBI care to disagree?

Or will we continue to hear the Chirps of Crickets...... while the tidal wave of angery consumers gather with their pitchforks and torches!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Thread title edited to clarify the question and not statement of fact</span>
    "The real question is: for how long will UBI support SH4 and the community before leaving us behind."

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have faith that things will be worked out! You've been on here a long time Charlie so you should know. They were worked out eventually with SHIII and SHIV. They will be worked out again. UBI has always had a tendency to stay somewhat quiet after initial releases. You know this. Sorry you're not happy with the game, but just keep your eyes on the freakin potential. This game is going to make SHIII look like an Atari game from the 70s within a year. Just you watch!

keep your eyes on the freakin potential.
    You know, potential is nice, but the problem with it is that its only that. Potential.

Originally posted by Charlie901:
    Ubisoft dropped the Axe hard and fast on SH3 and SH4; releasing a few modest patches then completely abandoning the titles in a hurry.
    They released several patches for SHIV over a six month period, then an expansion pack a year after its release.

What more did you want from them?

Originally posted by Charlie901:

Care to post some proof, press release, tweet, forum post, anything other than your incoherent ranting?

The devs have been quite active with talking with the community and have indicated another patch is coming soon. While UbiSoft corporate hasn't, there's nothing to indicate what you're shilling.

Originally posted by thorn0715:
    I have faith that things will be worked out! You've been on here a long time Charlie so you should know. They were worked out eventually with SHIII and SHIV. They will be worked out again. UBI has always had a tendency to stay somewhat quiet after initial releases. You know this. Sorry you're not happy with the game, but just keep your eyes on the freakin potential. This game is going to make SHIII look like an Atari game from the 70s within a year. Just you watch!
    I'm sorry, thorn0715, but I have to ask.

Are you employed by Ubisoft? Do you have a financial stake in Ubisoft? Personally I have little direct interest in SH5, as my current PC wouldn't run it if I wanted to purchase it, but I think in the interests of the broader gaming community, awkward questions like this need to be asked. When a forum is full of legitimate complaints about half-finished software, and a DRM system that only benefits pirates, to do nothing other than post 'positive' comments seems either to indicate a lack of awareness of the reasonable concerns of others, or an attempt to 'spin' it with hype about what may happen in the future. A lot of people have paid out for this game, and they have not received what has been promised. If you are just another customer, you should perhaps accept that you have been lucky, and show a little sympathy for others. If you aren't just another customer, then have the common decency to say so...

Without Contraries is no progression. Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence. William Blake

Originally posted by thorn0715:

Yeah, and a Turd has POTENTIAL if it's Bronzed and Gold Plated but underneath it's still a Turd.

Unfortunately I didn't buy this one based on "Potential"... although UBI should have offered an extra low "Potential" sales price.
    "The real question is: for how long will UBI support SH4 and the community before leaving us behind."

This entire issue comes down to one factor and that is money. Ubisoft is in the business of making money, they don't give a damn if part of their fan base is angry, they are still making dough. Its extremely unfortunate and hopefully we will see some improvement in the future but until then there isn't much we can do.

Originally posted by Eoweth:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Charlie901:

Care to post some proof, press release, tweet, forum post, anything other than your incoherent ranting?

The devs have been quite active with talking with the community and have indicated another patch is coming soon. While UbiSoft corporate hasn't, there's nothing to indicate what you're shilling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Show me all the Dev's posts cause they SHOULD BE STICKIED.

If your referring to the sole OBSCURE post by Dan ("Elanaiba") where he specifically states:

NO, I am not happy with the state of SH5

Then that only vindicates my RANTING...

Because it's obvious from the above quote from Dan that UBI didn't allow them the time/money/resources to aptly address the "State" of this game prior to release and I'm sure he would have really loved to have said more if he wasn't still employed by UBI and currently working on other titles for them

So...

Based on the above I'll stick to my belief that UBI is going to cut and run on this one after a minimal patch or two and EXPECT the Modders to complete this game.

Now I'm gonna wait and see if UBI can step up and prove me wrong.

and

I'm sorry if calling UBI out like this in a Public Forum has offended you in some way.

Just read my sig since the infancy days of SH4 to understand where I'm comming from.

Specularion ... wild assumptions ... give it a rest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast