Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will buy on release and who will wait? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hey all,

So we are about to get the PC version of SCC with the nice DRM protection and not a single footage of the PC version (but I may be wrong on this point). I´m a old Splinter Cell fan and have all the other games but the rollercoaster of this project have made me not to pre-order like I did with Chaos Theory and Double Agent (I know now that was a bad move). In the this past mounths I have seen my hope for SvM crushed but then seen some intresting footage of co-op. I have tried the demo and liked the fact to become Sam yet again but M & E and lack of moving bodies really is not okey in my book.

I have read that Ubisoft will not inclue paper manuals anymore, so I guest SCC will not have a paper manual but I don´t know for sure.

All we going to get on releaseday is a dvd-box and the game disk. For the price they are asking I think it´s too much also I like read the paper manuals for the games I buy. The Silent Hunter 5 cost half of the original price right now. I know that u-boat simulator can´t compare with SC but the lack of sales is because of the DRM protection.

So will you guys wait for a price drop, PC review or something or buy it when it´s released?

Thanks alot Dædalus-DoD for the sig.
    Formerly known as doxos77. (I wont change my forum account)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

DRM... Meh. Welcome to the future. It's NOT perfect but it is better than pirates making off with profits and the PC games not getting made anymore.

I've already pre-ordered to get it same day it comes out. I gotsta have me some Splinter Cell!
    Never play alone again. Join the Blackwidow Company today.

I Pre-orderd from D2D. ...5 more days!

I already pre-ordered the collector's edition.I've been waiting for 3 loooong and painful years and now it's time to see for myself what Ubisoft has done to the franchise.

Splinter Cell Moderator Limerick_'s Avatar
    i am not sure, plus i dont really have cash atm so i will probably wait a week or so...

about hiding bodies, i seen in a walkthrough video (so its a fact) that you can hold the guy from behind with pistol drawn, bring him to a dump spot, and then knee him in the back to drop him in a dump spot... i like this and it was available since chaos theory (not too sure about DA).

this method of hiding bodies is much more efficient as you dont have to carry them anymore, you just find a spot before hand.
    "He who forgets, will be destined to remember..."

Official Technical Support: https://support.ubi.com/

Originally posted by Limerick_:
    about hiding bodies, i seen in a walkthrough video (so its a fact) that you can hold the guy from behind with pistol drawn, bring him to a dump spot, and then knee him in the back to drop him in a dump spot... i like this and it was available since chaos theory (not too sure about DA).
    Sam is able to holster his weapon and execute bare-handed takedowns, when his weapon is holstered all his attacks will be bare-handed. Not all of Sam’s melee attacks are necessarily fatal, but they did up the brutality of his CQC. There are a ton of different things the enemies react to, so by using your tools you can find interesting ways to get the reaction you want.

I'll probaly buy a pc copy next friday.

I swore to never buy another game published by Ubisoft after the failed attempt to produce and support Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

Aside from being ripped off for the $60 I payed for the unusable Double Agent on PC I don't like the new direction of the series and the lack of Versus leaves nothing for me to be interested in.

So nope I won't be buying it.

I've got it pre-ordered on shopto.net. The drm means nothing to me, I've got the most stable internet connection on the planet so I wont ever be getting kicked from the game while playing.

I will likely buy it on or shortly before release only because I'm a huge fan of the series, and because the only real way to give feedback to the devs or to get proper support is having paid for the game.

The problem is that we never get support. We as PC players got ONE patch for DA and that was a week after release to basically counter how many people were pirating the game. After that there was nothing done about the connectivity issues for MP or the bugs in the single player mission.

It isn't just Splinter Cell Double Agent though, I have never seen a technical help forum so extensive as any on the Ubisoft forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast