View Poll Results: Will you buy FC3 without map editor?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 34.85%
  • No

30 22.73%
  • Ugh....no way!

32 24.24%
  • Maybe...but....ah....Noooooooooooooo!

23 17.42%
  • Editor?

1 0.76%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you buy FC3 without map editor? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I wouldn't. The editor was the reason I got Instincts back in 2005 when it came and since then that's been a staple for the Far Cry series for myself and my friends. We still play Far Cry Predator to this day and even still spit out a new map here and there. Without the editor it's just another FPS that'll get old after a few months of playing the same old maps and wishing we had our beloved editor back. No editor = No Far Cry!

SICK

I would rent the game to play the single player and to try the MP.
    But if it had an Editor, then absolutely i would buy it.

Sarah Oliver Quote: "ME2 makes me feel like a virgin on prom night
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...16&ref=profile

I would purchase the game without an editor but I think it would result in a trade in after a couple of plays through the single player.

I got bored of Crysis 2 pretty quickly but with an editor I might have kept onto it.

Originally posted by zeeEVIL1:
    I would rent the game to play the single player and to try the MP.
    But if it had an Editor, then absolutely i would buy it.
    Same here
    http://www.farcry2.cz/
    My maps: Video all maps
    Golf Course [url=http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t

Absolutely not. Give me an editor or forget it.
    My 360 Map Collection: Suspendead, Curve Damage, Doom Dome, Fatalitrees, Spherikill, Pyramayhem, Valley Ho, No Quarter, Purpose Unknown

Co-op Maps: Ciriculus Alliance

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/strangerthingslive

How could you justify calling it Far Cry 3 without a map editor? That was always the staple of the franchise.

Far Cry 1 and 2 shared absolutely nothing in common except for a map editor, which is why they re used the Franchise name for better sales.

If they didn't include an editor for this game then it would be a shot in the heart for us fans.

Would you still not buy if it ends up being one of the best FPS games this year or next year? I think its a bit selfish that many would say they would not buy it if it had no map editor! Considering that many games do not come with them to begin with.

Originally posted by SHilander:
    Would you still not buy if it ends up being one of the best FPS games this year or next year? I think its a bit selfish that many would say they would not buy it if it had no map editor! Considering that many games do not come with them to begin with.
    What constitutes 'Best FPS of the Year'? Halo and CoD have both been called that and I find their appeal to last no more than 5 minutes.

In Far Cry the map editor always kept the game fresh. Not adding it in would be shooting themselves in the foot, it's the only thing that makes it stand out from the sea of bland FPS games like CoD, Halo, etc.

Originally posted by WretcheddDrake:

What constitutes 'Best FPS of the Year'? Halo and CoD have both been called that and I find their appeal to last no more than 5 minutes.

In Far Cry the map editor always kept the game fresh. Not adding it in would be shooting themselves in the foot, it's the only thing that makes it stand out from the sea of bland FPS games like CoD, Halo, etc.
    I can understand that CoD (particularly) and Halo can have such a short appeal since they come out with more titles than FC does which is every 2 years or so(not including FC Instincts as I'm only a PC gamer). Not to mention CoD puts out the same game it seems twice a year between the two companies EA uses for their franchise. To answer your question on what constitutes as the best FPS of the year... well fine you got me, its a bit more on personal opinion. But theoretically try and think its the best in your opinion.

Would you buy a game that has a map editor, but game play is crappy (in your opinion). Or, would you buy a game without a map editor, but the game play is good to great (in your opinion). Again, theoretical good or bad in your own opinion whatever that may consist of making a good/great game. In a perfect world we would like both a great game with map editor.

Don't get me wrong I want to see the map editor as it does add another dimension of creativity to the game experience. Not to mention strengthens the community buy playing and creating. I'm just seeing some of these comments and think how selfish some sound when saying they will only buy the game if it has this editor. Especially when the editor is a fraction of what this game is about. Ultimately this is about playing. Having the creative side of the editor is just an extra to give us, the community, a chance to be creative and add a little of are own flavor to the playing experience.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast