Thread: d3dx9_38.dll is missing (CANT RUN FAR CRY 2) | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Ok, so I really want to run far cry 2, but I keep getting this when I install Directx 9 or 10: An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem

Of course I DONT even have those logs. Not only that BUT I ALSO GET THIS WHEN I RUN FAR CRY 2: This application has failed to start because d3dx9_38.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I realize this has to do with directx, so I download directx 10 and it fails because of the error message I put at the start of this post. So I try 9 as well and I get the same message. I also get all the cabinet files for august 2008 and april, etc. And sometimes it says they may be corrupt or have low memory when i try to extract it to System 32.

Now I have 1TB of a hard drive, 4 GB of ram, NVIDIA Geforce 8800 and 3.06 GHZ. I know I have enough memory and I just instralled vista on my iMac and therefore KNOW IT HAS NO VIRUSES OR SPYWARE, etc. PLEASE HELP. I LOOK ALL OVER AND I ONLY FIND THINGS FOR PEOPLE WhO ALREADY CAN RUN STUFF, I JUST WANT HElP.

thanks in advance, I have been looking for days.

P.S. Im on a 32bit
    AND PLEASE HELP!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME I HAVE BOUGHT THE GAME A NUMBER OF DAYS AGO AND CANT RUN IT AND IM GETTING MAD BECAUSE NO ONE WILL HELP ME!!!

You should be able to download the latest Direct X 9 version via Microsoft and that should sort out the problems.

I cannot understand you still having problems if you have reinstalled Direct X already. You may want to un-install your graphics card drivers and Direct X and then restart your PC and start from scratch. Get the latest Direct X and Drivers for your Graphics card and install them.

Report back if you have any luck.

just download the d3dx9_38.dll file. google it and download, install in your windows folder.(should be a help txt in the download.) worked for me. hope this helps

Try this:

Follow the instructions at Microsoft's DirectX website to update the necessary components:
    Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime Web Installer

Or, you can download the entire August 2008 DirectX Redistributable:
    Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtimes (August 2008) (Download)

Also, try disabling any anti-virus and/or software firewalls while you run the installers (be sure to re-enable them when you're done).

Maybe your Directx 9 is not installed correctly, You should reinstall to get the latest version, or download D3dx9_38.dll file.