Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "Weapons, strategy and combat system" discussion thread | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Season Pass Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Hello everyone

Given the recent overabundance of threads similar in nature that speculate on the type of weapons that Altair may carry, how he will aquire them, who he can attack, what combat and stealth strategy he might use, etc., it is an opportune moment to gather all these discussions under one roof

Please use this thread from now on to discuss and speculate on everything that is of interest to you on this particular range of topics.
    All new threads that will be created from this moment on about these issues will be closed.

This will help prevent flooding the forum with a lot of threads similar in nature and it will also help bring all the ideas together in one place

Many thanks

---The Assassin's Creed Moderating Team---
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Well, from what I have seen from trailers, pictures and info, his weapons include:

Sword
    The Switchblade
    Four daggers (Throwing?)
    Crossbow and bolts (Crossbow can be used for striking too, at least in E3 trailer)

In regards to the speculation over entering buildings which was redirected here.

You will probably be able to enter certain buildings but it's unlikely that all buildings are enterable. But it would be awesome if you could climb up in a house, open the window and hide or to steal things.
    I'm pretty confident that if you are allowed to enter a building you will be able to access many buildings with appropriate consequences. In an E3 interview Jade Raymond said:

...We think you should be able to go everywhere. There shouldn't be these wierd arbitrary rules like why can I hold onto this thing? Why can I smash this door but not this door?...
    While this probably does not indicate every building will be enterable at all times I think it's likely that when you are needed to enter a building you may well be able to go into any number of them while making your way to your target, for example climbing between two windows to get into the building you need to be in.

regarding weapons, a true master assassins (atleast what I think) uses poisons to kill, stunn their target or gaurds. Even if I havent seen or heard anything about poisons in AC, I would love to be able to use it.

Think of sneaking into your targets house in the night and hear him coming down the stairs saying to himself that he wants a drink. U then run fast to a bottle of whine that u see on the table and poison it.
    Scenarios like that would be awsome and now when Im writing this it make it even harder to wait for the game to be released.

Originally posted by dsoihn:
    regarding weapons, a true master assassins (atleast what I think) uses poisons to kill, stunn their target or gaurds. Even if I havent seen or heard anything about poisons in AC, I would love to be able to use it.
    This is fairly unlikely considering the exaggeration that the developers have placed on thier consistency with historical accounts and information.

According to Wikipedia:

...they were careful to cultivate their terrifying reputation by slaying their victims in public, often in mosques. Typically they approached using a disguise; their weapon of choice was a dagger, rejecting poison, bows and other weapons that allowed the attacker to escape.

Yeah, I think they thought that poisons were not honorable way to kill your target.

all hail zgubilici

what about the switchblade then? was it used by the assassins under the third crusade or is this weapon something that the AC team made up to improve the game and make Altair cooler.

i havent seen him any throwing any knives
    If you trust in yourself...
    and believe in your dreams...
    and follow your star...

your'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.

crossbows wud b kinda cool but it cud gt 2 easy. you'd have no escape after u killed someone if u killed them on a roof where they can't see u. dnt u think?

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast