Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands worth buying? | Forums

I saw the gameplay vid about it, it had the normal running wall and stuff but then zombies appeared!

Games with zombies are sort of fun, but PoP doesn't need them.

Who are the zombies? People that were killed by the soldiers?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Here click the link for the review it will give you the main drift of the game and answering the question I think its worth a buy its good game overall but thats just my opinion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vP9q7cMRAI

Member Of The LightBringers!
    "What is one grain of sand in the desert? One grain amongst the storm?"
    Prince Of Persia Tribute [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzcgXQGX3R4&featu

Games with zombies are sort of fun, but PoP doesn't need them.
    PoP 1 had skeletons, PoP 2 had skeletons, PoP SoT had sand zombies. There are plenty of PoP games with zombies.

But if you ask me: TFS isn't worth buying ... even $5 would be wasted on this game. It's only a truck load of crap which shouldn't be called PoP at all.
    [hr]
    To Brotherhood Devs: Please listen to [URL=http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/4741018588?r=4121038588#4121038588]thi

Originally posted by Keksus:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Games with zombies are sort of fun, but PoP doesn't need them.
    PoP 1 had skeletons, PoP 2 had skeletons, PoP SoT had sand zombies. There are plenty of PoP games with zombies.

But if you ask me: TFS isn't worth buying ... even $5 would be wasted on this game. It's only a truck load of crap which shouldn't be called PoP at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Harsh.

Member Of The LightBringers!
    "What is one grain of sand in the desert? One grain amongst the storm?"
    Prince Of Persia Tribute [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzcgXQGX3R4&featu

Good lord, what's wrong with some of you people. It may not have been perfect or revolutionary, but there is absolutely no reason for that kind of criticism.

It has fantastic platforming as do all PoP games(TFS even more so if you ask me.) Solid graphics(albeit ugly character faces, and a few bland environments here and there. Mixed in with some memorable ones)Great music, and some pretty fun and snappy dialogue. What's really missing was a good story and character development, not to mention the combat is mediocre at best(thank god much of it is skippable). But that hardly makes it a "truck load of crap" by an normal human standards. It's very much like an Uncharted game in that way. A fun and cinematic game with a shallow plot and characters(with nice writing).

I would say if you can find it in about the $10-$20 range like i did it's worth picking up. If for whatever reason, if you can't then I say just give it a rental.

Rent it, play it and then decide for yourself whether you want to buy it or not. I bought it, but if you ask me now, I wish I hadn't.

It has fantastic platforming as do all PoP games(TFS even more so if you ask me.) Solid graphics(albeit ugly character faces, and a few bland environments here and there. Mixed in with some memorable ones)Great music, and some pretty fun and snappy dialogue. What's really missing was a good story and character development, not to mention the combat is mediocre at best(thank god much of it is skippable). But that hardly makes it a "truck load of crap" by an normal human standards. It's very much like an Uncharted game in that way. A fun and cinematic game with a shallow plot and characters(with nice writing).

I would say if you can find it in about the $10-$20 range like i did it's worth picking up. If for whatever reason, if you can't then I say just give it a rental.
    I guess everyone has an opinion but apart from the main theme, I found the soundtrack pretty dire. The character development is laughable, the plot.. was there a plot?? and the combat, ughhh....

It is also the only POP game bereft of romance, which is the basis of every POP game(and even the movie)that have come out. If they were working on it from a long time(since the SOT trilogy days I gather) as they say,then it makes it all the more embarrassing.

I will agree with you on the platforming bit though, the nature powers were a new and unique edition to the series and at some places the platforming was challenging. But overall for me it was a half baked effort which was rushed to cash in on the movie hype and milk money.

Member of the LightBringers Team
    Thanks for the sig Bobby[img]http://for

Well in my opinion all PoP's are worthy but.. heh.. it's your decision.
    I admit . The forgotten sands is THE LAST in my Favourite list of Prince of Persia but i reccomend it to you equally

Originally posted by VibesM:
    Rent it, play it and then decide for yourself whether you want to buy it or not. I bought it, but if you ask me now, I wish I hadn't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It has fantastic platforming as do all PoP games(TFS even more so if you ask me.) Solid graphics(albeit ugly character faces, and a few bland environments here and there. Mixed in with some memorable ones)Great music, and some pretty fun and snappy dialogue. What's really missing was a good story and character development, not to mention the combat is mediocre at best(thank god much of it is skippable). But that hardly makes it a "truck load of crap" by an normal human standards. It's very much like an Uncharted game in that way. A fun and cinematic game with a shallow plot and characters(with nice writing).

I guess everyone has an opinion but apart from the main theme, I found the soundtrack pretty dire. The character development is laughable, the plot.. was there a plot?? and the combat, ughhh....

It is also the only POP game in which you don't find romance, which is the basis of every POP game(and even the movie)that have come out. If they were working on it from a long time(since the SOT trilogy days I gather) as they say,then it makes it all the more embarrassing.

I will agree with you on the platforming bit though, the nature powers were a new and unique edition to the series and at some places the platforming was challenging. But overall for me it was a half baked effort which was rushed to cash in on the movie hype and milk money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me the music was much like god of war's, epic in the moment, but completely forgotten once it's over. I think the fact that it's the only PoP game without any catchy tunes makes people think worse of it right of the bat. Stuart Chatwood is a MUST.

Now I'm very much a PoP fanboy(the 3d ones at least), but it has to be said, the plots of pretty much all Prince of Persia games are pretty weak, with the soul exception of (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Warrior Within...(mind you I haven't played PoP 3d)

The strength of the PoP series has always come from the characters and interactions, rather than story intricacies or deep hidden meanings wrapped up in wonderful plot. Without the great writing and characters, PoP plots would be frighteningly shallow and cliche. Sorry had to say it(warrior within decided to go with a deep and interesting plot coated in mildy ******ed grunge characters with putrid writing).

The problem with TFS is that it has neither an interesting plot, nor great character development. But just like God of War and Uncharted, I think it stands up on it's gameplay alone.

And Honestly, if the romance is anything like Warrior Within or The Two Thrones, then I'd rather not have any at all :/

Edit: Actually now that I think on it 2008 also had a lot of plot intricacies as well, kind of a shame most of them didn't come into play unless you bugged elika for a few hours.

To me the music was much like god of war's, epic in the moment, but completely forgotten once it's over. I think the fact that it's the only PoP game without any catchy tunes makes people think worse of it right of the bat. Stuart Chatwood is a MUST.

Now I'm very much a PoP fanboy(the 3d ones at least), but it has to be said, the plots of pretty much all Prince of Persia games are pretty weak, with the soul exception of (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Warrior Within...(mind you I haven't played PoP 3d)

The strength of the PoP series has always come from the characters and interactions, rather than story intricacies or deep hidden meanings wrapped up in wonderful plot. Without the great writing and characters, PoP plots would be frighteningly shallow and cliche. Sorry had to say it(warrior within decided to go with a deep and interesting plot coated in mildy ******ed grunge characters with putrid writing).

The problem with TFS is that it has neither an interesting plot, nor great character development. But just like God of War and Uncharted, I think it stands up on it's gameplay alone.

And Honestly, if the romance is anything like Warrior Within or The Two Thrones, then I'd rather not have any at all :/

Edit: Actually now that I think on it 2008 also had a lot of plot intricacies as well, kind of a shame most of them didn't come into play unless you bugged elika for a few hours.
    Ok I will put my hand up here and say scratch warrior within from the romance bit . By romance I didn't mean holding out hands with each other and gazing the moon kinda romance, but the banter which developes the relationship between the prince and his companion whether she is farah or elika.

TFS though has NOTHING to do with SOT trilogy, infact I don't know why the word sands is mentioned in its title. Its just a giant sidequest. When you think of it the plot becomes meaningless when the prince hesitates to give malik his piece of whatever that was. There was no reason for him not to trust him there and the whole story from then on meandered aimlessly. Also that djinn character was pretty lame unlike any other npc in POP. You are right about character and interactions but were there any in TFS? the prince barely mentions anything about azad or the similarity of the rewind power. Regarding POP 2008, bugging Elika was one of the most important aspects of the game, if you didn't bugged elika then you missed the essence of it.

Member of the LightBringers Team
    Thanks for the sig Bobby[img]http://for

Not saying i didn't enjoy talking up a storm with elika (and I still don't think I've heard every bit of dialogue yet @_@...someday.) Just saying there are a lot better ways to weave exposition into a narrative.

I rented TFS at first and played through it twice before sending it back. I bought it a few months later to help fill out my collection and have played another 2 times through since. For me all PoP games are infinitely replayable (except Warrior Within,too long and drags for my taste). I think total I've must have gone through 08 10-11 times by now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast