Page 1 of 449 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Libs! | Forums

Dr. Marae, Professor of D'ni Ethnomusicology and Terpsichore, and Duke, OutStanding in His Field marae's Avatar
    Scroll down for the complete list of completed Mad Libs links!

I think we should have a game of Mad Libs. You've all played it, right? If not, it's easy. We start with a story (which only I can see) which is missing a few key words (the "blanks"). I'll tell you what kind of word we need for our story. You give me the correct part of speech (noun, verb, adjective, etc.) and I'll plug it into the blank. When we've filled all the blanks, I will read (or in this case, post) the completed work. How it turns out is up to you, the contributors.

Now, I put this in the Hints, Tips and Spoilers forum because if I put it in the Off Topic Zone we would have to be so careful not to spoil anything, and that might take some of the fun out of it later on. But it will work best if we just forget where we are and think of it as an OT game.

Also, it will work best if we are spontaneous about these words I'll be asking for. Use the first thing that pops into your head, and I'll use the first post I receive.

Now, usually an online Mad Libs crawls too slowly with me asking for one word at a time (yes, I have done this before, a long time ago in a forum far, far away). Therefore, I will post several of the words we need and plug in the collected posts when I return.

So put on your thinking caps, grab your grammar books, and off we go! For the grammatically challenged (or those who haven't had it in school yet), I'll try to give you a hint on parts of speech as we go along.

The first thing I need is an exc l amation. (If it looks right with an ex c lamation point after it, it's an e xcl amation!).

After that I will need a place. (You know, a place. Somewhere. That shouldn't be too hard.)

Then I will need a verb. (OK, the first challenging one. A verb is something that denotes action, like "go" or "meditate").

Give me your suggestions, and make sure you say which part you're supplying. Have fun!

Here are links to all the completed Mad Libs, in chronological order. The title is the work on which the Mad Lib is based. The poster of the completed work is the creator of the Mad Lib.

Yeesha's First Speech in the Cleft

Introduction from The Prisoner TV Show

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

The Raven

The Speeches of Atrus

I Saw Her Standing There

Excerpt from Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

D'ni Marriage Practices

Rocky Raccoon

The Story of Me'erta

Imagine

Excerpt from Dracula by Bram Stoker

Excerpt from The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

Excerpt from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Mystery of the Bahro Caves initial post

B u t terball (A Norwegian folk tale)

Crazy

Excerpt from The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

Excerpt from The Tempest by William Shakespeare

Excerpt from The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells

The Tiger by William Blake

Excerpt from Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

White Rabbit

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

The Sorting Hat's Song from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

Excerpt from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

I'm Goin' to Leave Old Texas Now

The Gettysburg Address

Nyarlathotep by H.P. Lovecraft

The First Noel

Dr. Watson's Speech

When I Kissed The Teacher

Installing NVIDIA drivers with Win XP

Yeesha's First Speech from Myst V: End of Ages

The Watcher's Journal

Sleigh Ride

Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll

Liches

Excerpt from The Adventure of the Cardboard Box, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Excerpt from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, by C. S. Lewis

There are two other Mad Libs between these and page 446, but I am not sure what they were based on. Toz?

LIST CONTINUES:

Happy Easter - p. 222 for the archives and 444 for the rest of you

"Design" by Robert Frost - p. 224 for the archives and 449 for the rest of you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NOTES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    NOTED 09/16/09: When the forums were last restructured and this thread moved to the Uru General Discussion forum, all of the links above The Cardboard Box were broken. I am in the process of going through and restoring the links to their current location, but it is a tedious process (although reading through the thread again makes it well worth it in laughter). Apologies for any inconvenience while I complete the project.

NOTED 03/08/12: When the forums were moved to the new platform, all of the links for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and above were broken. (Well, we no longer have the smiley with tears...) At this point, I have too much going on in my life to be able to take the time to go in and fix them all. I sincerely apologize, but that's actually the least of my worries here. Almost every single Mad Lib posted to date is for all practical intents and purposes illegible, because the red color I used for the replaced words is now visible only as code - a LOT of code, which makes reading the actual text very difficult. Mad Libs on or after page 446 should be more or less legible. Until the next platform change... *marae sighs deeply*

NOTED 10/27/13: To further add to the stupidity (and futility) of updating this index post, you can no longer navigate directly to a post via link; only to the page on which the post resides. So I could change all those links above to take you to the page where the Mad Lib is finally posted, but then you would still have to find the post on that page. Meanwhile, when they migrated the forums they set the default posts per page to 10. All of my archives have 20 posts per page, and that is how I will continue to archive in order to maintain page numbering continuity. As a result, I have my settings changed to show me always 20 posts per page. So if I put in the page number in the default system, it will work properly for everyone who hasn't mucked with their settings, but won't show it properly for me or anyone else who has. On the other hand, if I have it show it properly for the archives, it won't work for anyone else... *marae contemplates tearing her hair out over this but does not think she would look very attractive bald....*

Hence the entries for Toz's Easter Mad Lib and following.
    Last edited by marae; 10-27-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Professor Thietris Squirrel, CEO, President and Managing Director, Institution of Advanced Exploration of Myst Worlds Thietris's Avatar
    Gosh!

a forest

Happily Institutionalized!
    URU Live KI #41881

Professor Thietris Squirrel, CEO, President and Managing Director, Institution of Advanced Exploration of Myst Worlds Thietris's Avatar
    Decisions, decisions, urikrak! (Hmm, let me see. I know: "Kmart"! There. I wonder though. Kmart. Oh maybe it's not so good. Ummm. No. I've got to change it. Not "Kmart" but, hmm, let me think ... I know: "A forest"! Phew! ... I don't know though. Maybe I should have stayed with "Kmart" ...)

Dr. Marae, Professor of D'ni Ethnomusicology and Terpsichore, and Duke, OutStanding in His Field marae's Avatar
    Oh, no, I knew this would happen. Two people have answered for the same word, and I will have to make a decision. Rik's "a forest" came first, but.... Oh, I am so tempted.

I cannot help it; I am too honest. The Storyteller (that's me) will abide by the rules of the game. "A Forest" it shall be.

However, I do note that later on we will need another place name. I will plug "Kmart" in there.

Now, we still need a verb. After that, we will need:

a noun -- that's a thing, an object, the name of something.
    another verb
    a language -- like English is a language.

Happily Institutionalized Maven of Mad Libs
    ...perhaps the crocodile has not yet been eaten...

MO:ULagain KI #541383

grows

hmmm... Well they do don't they...forests...in fact there's not much else they do - except in Macbeth.
    ------------------------------
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Thietris!!!!
    I didn't know you were watching! If only Marae knew!

BTW: I had thought of "Golly!" before you posted.

Happily Institutionalized!
    URU Live KI #41881

wildbe

Although it makes absolutely no difference if any of these words are related or not....

If only Marae knew what?

fun game, Marae! ....no verbs, (since you have to play by the rules) But....I thought it wasn't good luck to say the name of that Scottish play!
    Proud owner of the Navis Caelorum---the best yacht in the forum

KI# 98335 on Tapestry and so many more I don't know them....hmm... I'll have to do a KI# hunt!

Oh, well good thing I didn't say it, then. It's OK, boatingirl, we still need another verb, as well as a noun and a language, at this point.

Page 1 of 449 1231151101 ... LastLast