Thread: xbox controller on PC | Forums

So i decided to wire up a usb xbox controller to see just how great it would be to use a gamepad instead of a joystick. I couldn't configure it for Blazing Angels but I did get it to work for Heroes of the Pacific. It was actually fun for a bit, but got really tough trying to rememeber which buttons I programmed to what. Moral of the story: joysticks are the way to go.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I bought a Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, but Blazing Angels does not support it. After reading the posts in this forum, this game is a mess. I hope UBI will sort it out soon.

Originally posted by HillieSan:
    I bought a Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, but Blazing Angels does not support it. After reading the posts in this forum, this game is a mess. I hope UBI will sort it out soon.
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller it's supposed to work with Blazing Angels. Can you please let us know more of your config & issues? (drivers, behavior, etc)
    Thank you,

Andrei Fantana
    - Dev.

Thank you for your reply.

The Controller works for TmNations game and I use the latest drivers from Microsoft (6.0.5221.0).

Before I got the Controller I have played with mouse and keyboard. In the settings of the game (separate program) I disabled gamepad/joystick in Advanced Settings tab.
    After I bought the Controller, I enabled gamepad/joystick in the settings program. The Controller is not recognized. The key settings are still for keyboard and Joystick...no gamepad is mentioned..."Do not use Joystick" is selected in Player 1/2 Control Settings.

Is there something special I have to do? Is the Controller automatically recognized?

- Windows XP
    - DirectX 9.0c
    - USB 2.0
    - AMD X2 3800+
    - ASUS A8N SLI Premium

Update.

I reinstalled the game and now it can use the Xbox 360 Controller :-). It seems that once you are in mouse-keyboard mode, you cannot go to gamepad (perhaps same problem with joystick). It's a bug to me.

Playing this game with the Xbox 360 Controller is not bad at all.