Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sfdrvup Starforce for Vista not working with Chaos Theory | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

I am trying to make Chaos Theory run on Vista, I was told I need to run the Starforce driver update tool "sfdrvup". When I try to install it I get the message "No installed protection drivers found to update". I am not sure what to do next?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by mindgames57:
    I am trying to make Chaos Theory run on Vista, I was told I need to run the Starforce driver update tool "sfdrvup". When I try to install it I get the message "No installed protection drivers found to update". I am not sure what to do next?
    You might need to update Vista first.
    My Blog | Guidelines | Vth_F | W[N]M | [url=htt

Banned
    if ya do get it working i wouldn't mind getting some games in with ya

Sorry people,but I think that this russian progaram(starforce) can't be useable on vista!I tried...

Banned
    um , this is where you fail, because ive seen many of my friends with vista run it after using the update.

When you install the program for the first time, you need to run it once. Right click on the desktop shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" You will get a dialog that says "Application installed successfully, reboot to finish installation?" Do this and your computer will reboot. Once you reboot you will get a message saying that the starforce driver was blocked from Vista for compatability issues. Once you run the starforce update tool, you have to reboot your computer one more time, but this is the last time you have to do this and then the game will run correctly.

The starforce protection will not, and can not be made to run on Vistax64, or any x64 bit OS. The version is too old according to natalya at starforce. she washed her hands of it and passed the buck to ubi, whom she said were the only people who could fix the problem. LOL we got 2 hopes of that... See below my emails from Starforce and Ubi...
    Starforce-

Hello,

It is impossible to remove protection from the already protected file. Therefore the decision is only to find the correct patch for your version of the game. Try to look for it here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=806

If you are not sure which patch is for your version then contact UbiSoft customer support service, please. This management is fully up to them. Sorry, but we can not help you in this issue.Our company just provided copy-protection solution for the game, so we don't possess any information about patches.

If you'll have any problems with protection system - feel free to contact us any time.

Thank you for contacting our support group!

Best regards,
    Natalya Krupenina
    Customer Support Group
    StarForce Technologies
    http://www.star-force.com

The information of this letter is confidential and must not be disclosed to third persons!

INFORMATION: StarForce has recently made changes in its existing multimedia product structure and announces entrance into new areas of business.
    All changes are reflected on our new corporate site. Please check at www.star-force.com

----- Original Message -----
    To: sf_support <sf_support@star-force.com>
    Sent: 09 Октябрь 2008
    Subject: Re: Re: [TRACK-0000024140] RE: SC:CT and Vista x64

Then I will send you the game's exe file and you can remove the starforce protection from it. The publisher is not going to issue a patch for a 3 year old game, so it is on you to remove the code that keeps my game from running. As I said, I could crack the game and it would run just fine. Thanks.
    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: StarForce Support - Natalya Krupenina <support@star-force.com>
    Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:46:00 +0400
    To:
    Subject: RE: Re: [TRACK-0000024140] RE: SC:CT and Vista x64

Hello,

This game was protected with too old StarForce version 3.4.77.2 and it could not be launched on 64-bit operation systems including Windows XP 64-bit edition and 64-bit Vista. You can read about it here: http://www.star-force.com/support/users/group3.php

There are two ways out in this situation:

1) you should ask the publisher for a patch, which disables protection at all;

2) you should ask the publisher to make a patch, which will contain newer protection version, which supports Windows Vista.

We cannot make such a patches by ourselves because we have neither legal authority nor original game files.

Please, accept our apologies for the inconveniences.

Best regards,
    Natalya Krupenina
    Customer Support Group
    StarForce Technologies

The information of this letter is confidential and must not be disclosed to third persons!

INFORMATION: StarForce has recently made changes in its existing multimedia product structure and announces entrance into new areas of business.
    All changes are reflected on our new corporate site. Please check at www.star-force.com

Sent: 09 Ieoya?u 2008
    Subject: Re: [TRACK-0000024140] RE: SC:CT and Vista x64

Hi Natalya,

I should have indicated in my first email that I have already enabled "run as administrator" , which did not help me.

The game will do nothing except tell me that it can only be run on XP/Server 2003. Therefore I can not do as you ask. I already indicated that I ran the driver update tool, but it told me there were no files to update. But there is a dll in the game's folder.

The dll properties are:

Product Name: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory PC DVD

File Version: 3.4.77.2

File Name: udmlib.dll

I have read that people who "crack" the game to circumvent your protection are able to run it just fine on Vista x64. As I am a legitimate user, I should not have to crack anything. This is a prime example of anti-piracy measures stopping a legitimate user from using legitimate software that has been purchased from a legitimate vendor.

To:
    Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 3:52 AM
    Subject: [TRACK-0000024140] RE: SC:CT and Vista x64

Hello *****,

Do the following please:

1) Right-click on the game's shortcut, select properties and click "Run as administrator";
    2) Run the game;
    3) It will ask to reboot the PC;
    4) Don't reboot;
    5) Update StarForce drivers using "sfdrvup.exe" from here: http://www.star-force.com/support/drivers/ ;
    6) Reboot.

In case of fail please find protect.dll file in the game folder, right click on it, go to Properties tab and tell us BuildGuid, BuildSignature and Product Name values. If you cannot find this dll, then try looking for other dll files with StarForce copyrights in the properties.

Best regards,
    Natalya Krupenina
    Customer Support Group
    StarForce Technologies

Sent: 09 Ieoya?u 2008
    Subject: SC:CT and Vista x64

Hello,

My name is ******.

I own a legitimate copy of Splinter Cell: chaos theory and I want to run it on Vista Ultimate x64.

I understand that your protection is stopping the game from running. So, I downloaded the star force driver updater from your site and ran it. When it finishes scanning my system, it tells me there are no protection drivers to update.

I have turned off UAC, and set all the splinter cell exe's to run in compatibility mode as Xp w/ SP2, but the game will still not run. I have also updated the game to the EURO 1.05 version, as it is the latest version available.

I am very annoyed, as the versus part of the game runs just fine, and the system configuration for the SP game tells me that my system meets all recommended requirements to run the game.

Can you please tell me how I can get your protection to let me run my game that I paid for?

Thanks

UBIsoft-

10/09/2008 06:54 PM
    I am well aware that the game is not officially supported on Vista x64. Your reply is an insult to my intelligence, and demonstrates Ubisoft's lack of commitment to it's paying customers. In fact, I don't think you even had the courtesy to actually read the issue I am experiencing. It is widely know that the game will run, and run BEAUTIFULLY on Vista x64, once the Starforce protection is circumvented. What you have done here today with your so called "Response", is to ensure that I never pay for another Ubisoft product again. Don't be under any illusions, I will certainly play Ubisoft games, but I will NOT be paying for them ever again. Your choices to not update the games content protection, nor offer any support for this issue, have forced yet another legitimate customer (ME) to turn to cracked games. We (the paying customers) are the people who pay your wages, Jason. Keep this up, and soon you will, as well as the rest of your co-workers, be out of a job. Someone at Ubi needs to seriously re-evaluate your standards of customer service (or should I say lack thereof) if you wish to continue to exist as a company. Needless to say, I am disgusted with you and Ubisoft, and be assured that I will be telling my clients and friends about the travesty purported by your company today. The internet is a powerful tool, and I shall be using it to tell the community. Although, it seems in my research of the Starforce issue, that Ubisoft already has a poor reputation among many in the gaming community, as evidenced by the number of people in your own forums who have complained of similar issues. Rest assured, I will get the game I BOUGHT and PAID for to run in Vista x64, and when I do, I will post how I did it, and hopefully persuade legions more gamers to stop paying for Ubi's crap and customer disdain. Sincerely

Response (Jason) 10/09/2008 06:02 PM
    First, please note the Minimum Requirements section listed on the bottom of the game's box. If Windows Vista is not listed beside the "Operating System" entry, the game is unsupported for use on Windows Vista. We cannot guarantee that the game will work on unsupported computer configurations.

There are a few things that you can try to get the game running with Vista, but we are unable to provide any additional support for this issue:

- Please make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. To update DirectX, simply run the Windows Update utility from your start menu and let that application search for available updates.

- Make sure that you have the latest driver updates for your video and sound cards. Often, these updates are not available from Windows Update and will need to be installed manually. Please contact your computer or hardware manufacturer for additional information.

- You can also try to get the game to work by running it in Compatibility Mode:

1. Right Click on the games desktop shortcut icon and choose Properties.
    2. In the Properties Panel, click the Compatibility Tab.
    3. Place a check in the Compatibility Mode checkbox.
    4. Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 2) In the mode box.
    5. Click Apply to save your changes.

Please note that this will only make the game run in Compatibility Mode if you click on the shortcut that you set compatibility mode for. All other shortcut icons (such as in your start menu) will have to have this changes made as well.

Customer 10/09/2008 12:07 PM
    Hello, I was told by Star Force that they are not able to fix their protection to allow me to run SC:CT on Vista x64. They told me that my only 2 options were to get the publisher to give me patch that disables the protection all together, or to get the publisher to give me a patch that fixes the protection. As I have purchased a legal and genuine copy of this game, I would ask that ubisoft please give me a fix so I may run my game on Vista x64. I have reserached this issue on the internet, and it seems that pirates have cracked the game, and the cracked versions (which bypass the Starforce protection) run just fine on Vista x64. I am totally against piracy and cracking, but the version of protection ubisoft bhas chosen is now stopping me, a paying customer, from playing the game I purchased. Please let me know how to rectify this issue, so I can enjoy my game again. Thank you, and I await your reply.

So, the short answer is: backup your LEGITIMATE copy of the game, then search for the files that will allow you as a LEGITIMATE user to play the game you paid for on Vista x64, or XP x64. I was able to get the game running, and it runs really well with everything turned all the way up. The only thing that doesn't work is the voice chat. The configuration util in game doesn't let me set up my mic as it should, the option is greyed out.

So it IS possible to play the game on Vista x64, and have it run beautifully. You just need to find the files to enable you to play what you paid for.

I am not naming where you can get them out of fear of being banned. But they are out there, and are easy to find.

Thanks for the replies gents... I have circumvented the protection, and the game runs beautifully on my rig.

And again, thank you Ubisoft. Not.

I have tried to get my legal splinter cell chaos theory to work on vista 64bit but I guess I need the work around that can't be posted here. So if someone would email me sinebar@comcast.net I would appreciate it. As I stated I bought a legal version of this game but can't even play it because of starforce crap.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast