Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How can I change my Uplay user name? | Forums

I asked my support guy for an e-mail adress of someone who can help me. The answer was:" I understand all you problems but my superiors can't help you". They/he refuse/s to allow me to post my complains to someone higher. I will post below a list of e-mails wich I intend to spam daily. I found these on ubisoftgroup.com in the Press tab:
    [Links removed]
    I understand there are PR and others that have no link to support but I intend to try to do anything I can.

And Im willing to contact appropriate authorities once I get another negative response from support team. It would be good idea if we send some mass e-mail to them, maybe it will move things forward.

I just sent the first e-mails. Also I included the representative of my regional Ubisoft branch.

Support contacted me today that they can change my username back to original. I think its better then nothing, hope it works.

Originally posted by Kingofkrabs:

I understand there are PR and others that have no link to support but I intend to try to do anything I can.
    Then do not spam them..

I have been in contact with you personally - and we are looking in to the problem - however ifyou intend to spam unrelated people who work for Ubisoft, that can be seen as trolling.

I suggest you do as the other people are, wait and see what support say.

If however you do not want my help - then so be it, however please do not infer that no one is helping you when in fact I am.

Originally posted by Metalance:
    Support contacted me today that they can change my username back to original. I think its better then nothing, hope it works.
    I am glad that they are coming up with a solution for you.

Please continue to let me know the progress in the private messages.

Hopefully that should solve the issue, since as I have said before, changing the name back normally allows you to play again, but can take some time, since each case /account is different...

I know it's unfortunate that you can't have a name you like, however it appears to play the game you have to use the name it was bought on.

If you intend to buy other games, can I suggest you make a new ubi.com account - with a suitable name and use that to purchase future titles.

You will however need to use the 'shop' name for M&MHVI

Hello.

Just adding to the voices who would like the possibility to change our username/nametag.

I got the support staff to change my username, and ended up (as a lot of you other guys) not being able to access the multiplayer content of the game, as well as my campaign progress, as all saves was made online.

I finally got the support staff to change my name back into my shop name, which have solved the issue of the game saying that my key is already registered. I now have an annoying username, but at least I can play.
    It's not a perfect solution, but I'm passing it on to you guys if you want to play again.

Hope that Ubisoft will find some kind of solution to this down the road. As far as what I know, about account databases and such, this shouldn't be such a complicated issue.

I finally got the support staff to change my name back into my shop name, which have solved the issue of the game saying that my key is already registered. I now have an annoying username, but at least I can play.
    It's not a perfect solution, but I'm passing it on to you guys if you want to play again.

Hope that Ubisoft will find some kind of solution to this down the road. As far as what I know, about account databases and such, this shouldn't be such a complicated issue.
    +1

solved my problem too, and I totally agree there should be some way around, but I guess no one bothered yet. Lets play and enjoy the game even with those terrible usernames nad hope that we can change it someday.

Metalance

Hi,
    Former Kingofkrabs here.
    Mr. Shade, the e-mail addresses i posted on the forum were public e-mails found on a Ubisoft site. You must understand the frustration when you can't use something you paid for and no one can help.
    My username was changed back to shop(whatever) and I can play once again Heroes 6.
    I want to thank Mandy Burey for helping me, also Mr. Shade for helping and supporting. Also all the other members of comunity for their support.

Have fun playing the game.

Originally posted by shop6DF85F129:
    Hi,
    Former Kingofkrabs here.
    Mr. Shade, the e-mail addresses i posted on the forum were public e-mails found on a Ubisoft site. You must understand the frustration when you can't use something you paid for and no one can help.
    My username was changed back to shop(whatever) and I can play once again Heroes 6.
    I want to thank Mandy Burey for helping me, also Mr. Shade for helping and supporting. Also all the other members of comunity for their support.

Have fun playing the game.
    my point was, those people are not the ones you need to contact - even though the addresses are public ally available.

Also I was busy helping you - so slightly unfair to say no one was..

Just glad you have it sorted now, as with the other guys.

Yeah, this is ridiculous.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast