Thread: Question TrackIR users. | Forums

Ok I use F12 (trackir hotkey)for centering of view. I have this programmed to my up button on my hat on my X45 stick. When in combat and looking around at my opponents I loose my center. What I mean is I have to center my head the hit my centering button on my stick. The whole time it seems I loose my field of vision (the area I am able to see decreases) until I do this. Am I missing something in my profile setup or in my understanding of TrackIR and does anybody know what i am talking about?

Ok I use F12 (trackir hotkey)for centering of view. I have this programmed to my up button on my hat on my X45 stick. When in combat and looking around at my opponents I loose my center. What I mean is I have to center my head the hit my centering button on my stick. The whole time it seems I loose my field of vision (the area I am able to see decreases) until I do this. Am I missing something in my profile setup or in my understanding of TrackIR and does anybody know what i am talking about?

Make sure you have the latest drivers and you're set for TrackIR Enhanced (Absolute) mode, not Mouse Emulation mode.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi,

in addition check check the following.

Field of vision:
    Start TrackIR software, set it to trackir absolut
    click on tracking
    sit in front of your monitor as you do during playing and press center.
    Now move your head to the left until your focus would be on the frame of your monitor.
    Check whether the dot (representing the View-focus in game) is at maximum left.
    Do the same for every other side (up down right)
    If you can't access all point by moving your head WITHOUT losing view on your screen then you have to adjust your profile (more speed, smoothing etc.)

Most importantly: activate a dead-zone or you'll get nuts when aiming.
    I know you Spit-guys can usually activate the SHOWER for your enemy but sometimes I think it's a joy to hit with your dreaded hispanos...

Another one:
    go to motion-tab

Again sit as you would sit. The center button wont show any differece here.
    Check whether your DOT (on your mic/hat) is clearly visible for the sensor (green..)
    Move your head again and see whether at some point the dot becomes very small and thus the chance to get stutters or bad view (known as errativ spinning) is rising.

To counter that I'm using about 5 dots on my mic.
    they more or less are stuck together and form a star (or ring around the first one..).
    The goal is to have at least a 5 pixel-big sensor refelction at any angle you look on the screen.
    Sometimes if you twist your head the sensor can loose track, but as long as you can provide it some info (more dots) it can track your movement.

Good luck !
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote