Thread: no game saves? | Forums

seriously?
    is this the same experience everyone else has?
    the game does not save at it's checkpoints?
    So when DOES it save?

this has gotta only be a PC issue or does this happen on the consoles too?

I guess you have to set aside an entire day to play it unless you like starting all over again if you quit. :-(
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

the game doesnt make saves untill you compleet a mission during missions it only makes checkpoints from wich you can restart if you die during a mission or fail the objective

that's freakin idiotic...

Is this still an issue, or have they fixed it yet? I just bought this game and I usually liek to take my time getting through the training section, but with this game you have to get through the entire thing without quitting? Am I missing anything?

Originally posted by jarentz1966:
    seriously?
    is this the same experience everyone else has?
    the game does not save at it's checkpoints?
    So when DOES it save?

this has gotta only be a PC issue or does this happen on the consoles too?

I guess you have to set aside an entire day to play it unless you like starting all over again if you quit. :-(
    I am playing HoE in an XBox360 and have not found ANY way to save games, even after I have progressed thru 9checkpoints.
    Every time I want to play the next time I have to restart at the VERY beginning.
    When I attempted to contact ubisoft tech support, I was told this issue was addressed in the manual;it isn't, or it was already discussed in the forum;which apparently it also isn't.
    I have seen some threads about saving on a PC but nothing about XBox.
    I don't have an entire day to devote to playing.
    So I guess I just put this game on the shelf.
    Too bad, it's a fun game.

I'm equally frustrated. My stumbling block is trying to clear the mines in Dover Harbor. Why do I have to re-shoot the same Stukas over-and-over again just to get to the checkpoint I need to accomplish: clearing the mines in Dover Harbor?! Auto-saves at the checkpoints would make things more efficient!

There are a number of game titles developed and released without the capacity to make user optioned saves, it is not that unusual, but it is frustrating. It does however take an immense amount of coding to create custom saves in a sim that creates numbers of units at once, so it is understandable. I do hope there is functionality for PC, which is the gold standard for games and I look forward to studying this interesting title.
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group
    Linkedin
    http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com/

Hi same prob with game it actually says that it saves when it displays saving symbol and it did when i first started playing but not now i have to start all over again so this has to be a glitch the symbol for saving displats after every mission but it does not save so lets go ubisoft this is a great game except for this one fault it is preventing me from buying stormovik the other flying game .

Tip warspeed to get behind ships then drop flaps to reduce speed and u can do mines all in one i prefer mouse for precision flying