Thread: Laptop Video Card Support? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hi, I was wondering if any laptop video cards are supported. I was wondering because my 3.2GHz P4 laptop pretty much can't run this game, even though it has an ATi Mobility Radeon 9000. I bought this game thinking I would be able to play it, because Half Life 2 and Counter Strike both run flawlessly on this machine.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi, I was wondering if any laptop video cards are supported. I was wondering because my 3.2GHz P4 laptop pretty much can't run this game, even though it has an ATi Mobility Radeon 9000. I bought this game thinking I would be able to play it, because Half Life 2 and Counter Strike both run flawlessly on this machine.

from ubi:

* Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:

ATIâ® RADEONâ® 8500/9000/X families
    NVIDIAâ® GeForceâ"ž¢ 3/4/FX/6 families (GeForce 4 MX not supported)
    Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported after release. For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at: http://support.ubi.com.

I can run this game on my ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with no problems.

Yeah, I just found that in tiny print on the back of the game's box. I guess I'll have to start reading into possible compatibility issues before I buy games now. I guess I'll just trade this in for another game or something...

When they say that laptops may work is that if you can run it then no problems just that if you have a problem with the game u can't get support from ubi.

On the Australian packaging for this game it doesn't say that laptop cards aren't supported but if it works then it works!