Thread: The first race, Sibling Rivelry | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Is there any way to skip this stupid race? I have never played this game and would like to learn the controls before I am thrown into a fast timed race, that I lose over and over again. Why do they have to ruin almost all games with timed parts that cannot be skipped and you must reload everytime?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

you just need to climb to a specific spot on the church rooftoop
    Please, call me Mage.
    .??? ??? ?? ????, ??? ????

mage, that was utterly useless to someone who doesn't know the controls.

Braylin50, on ps3, hold R1 and X (RT and A on Xbox 360) and point yourself in the direction of a building. Climb up the wall of that building, then just point yourself in the direction of the church and you should be able to figure it out.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to skip it, and ACII is lacking in tutorials (so you don't really learn it later). I think it was designed only with AC1 players in mind, which is a real shame.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. -Denis Diderot
    Anarchy: It's not the law, it's just a good idea.
    Two Girls, One Animu

try to quit the mission and then experiment with controls
    Please, call me Mage.
    .??? ??? ?? ????, ??? ????

Originally posted by magesupermaster:
    try to quit the mission and then experiment with controls
    Didn't he just tell you there is no way to?
    Are you even paying attention?

Just hold (R1 + X for Playstation) / (RT + A for Xbox) and run vertically up the church, climbing towards the middle roof. That should work and spawn you with the intro, after which you can fiddle around a bit.

You're close.

yea its not to hard i can see how it can be very confusing for new ac players i was confused a little my self and i play ac1 lol the more detailed tutorias come later i the game sadly it doesnt show you a few thing until later that you can us now and then lol im trying to say stuff without spoilers for you haha

wow. Just started this game, and I am amazed how poorly this thing was tested (PS3)

1) The automatic save point of this level was way after the countdown from the brother
    2) There was no tutorial whatsoever explaining how to walk jump on walls. Meaning that you have 10 seconds of gameplay to figure it out by yourself. People say "R1 and X" but this seem to have different results depending of the usage of the left controller
    3) restart the game from the beginning, trying to solve the automatic save point, and you have
    to go through all the extremely basic scripted tutorial again, explaining nothing but the basics of any third person game.

Ubisoft testers... Where are you ? A game is supposed to be fun, not a nightmare after 10 minutes of gameplay...

So bad. I loved AC1 !

Umm, are you trying to literally climb UP the sides of the church to get to the roof? The game explains free-running to the player (jumping onto the boxes marked with white and continuing a sequence). There's a few boxes like that to your right when you start the race. Use those to jump onto the pegs that will lead up to the side of the church, and simply climb onto the roof.

The controls for free-running are explained beforehand. Climbing vertically up walls are explained right after you win the race
    ------------------------------

"I have seen what comes of those who raise themselves above others. Here, let me show you..."

Credits to d1sturbedme_468 for the epic sig

+1 to all this (except the spelling of rivalry!). Can't skip missions, can't practise the controls, tedious to keep failing something so early in the game. The brother has a head start at every successive attempt. Never played Assassin's Creed before so I don't know what the **** I'm supposed to do.

RYSO is quite right: OP should pay more attention. Maybe even read the little booklet that comes with the game before playing it - or am I the only one that does this?