The game needs gamepad support. Xbox 360 controller support is a given but PS3 controller support would be awesome! Generic gamepads should be allowed too. Not everyone enjoys the keyboard/mouse setup afterall.
The game, even after release should remain completely free, if that's the route they are trying to go down with it.. Paid-content will only provide unfair advantages to some while leaving the majority out and will likely only decrease the number of players overall down the road, which will kill the game sooner than is needed.
Player matchmaking needs a bit of work. Most matches are fairly one-sided and the winning team is usually determined before the match even starts based on major stat differences.
I'm sure some of these have probably been suggested already but these are just a few that are really important to me.
Last edited by gygabyte666; 04-06-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Here are a few suggestions I've jotted down:
- When you're in-between matches and still in the lobby the chat should automatically open and be placed in the "Match" channel.
- I absolutely HATE the redicle for the 1.5x Assault Rifle scope. The upside-down "V" needs to go!
- I should be able to unmount weapon accessories and have them go into my storage. Right now they are destroyed when I remove them.
- I'd personally LOVE to see more armor styles and camouflage patterns. Did you know that CANADA created the first digital camouflage (CADPAT)? I would love to see CADPAT TW (Temperate Woodland) used in the game instead of the old-school woodland that's currently in the game. I would ALSO like to see more helmet designs, a helmet for people who participated in closed beta would also be AWESOME.
- I would like to see global use of pistols. Meaning that when I buy one I can use it on all three of my character classes once they reach the level requirement for it. I don't want to have to dismount it and send it to storage and then re-equip it to do this.
missed the sticky at the top here.. just an idea for the laser attachments, maybe a toggle on/off? sometimes the laser can be more of a hinderance and get in the way of the sight, making it hard to aim.
simple enough useful add-in..
Some more suggestions!
- [GM]GirlFriday told me to post this one here; I'd like to suggest an idea for a new ability. The ability would likely be best suited for the Assault class (since they already have the team regen ability), and it would likely be best kept for higher level players. Basically it is an area-of-effect team-revive skill. It functions the same as the other Assault skills in that there is a timer between uses, when you activate it it channels (builds up power) for a second and then revives all dead team-mates in a certain area around the Assault.
- There needs to be a sound for when I pickup ammo. I thought I remembered hearing one in 0.5.5 but I don't in 0.5.6 anymore. Maybe I'm crazy.
- Allow Fireteam leaders to allow Fireteam members to invite other players. The reasons for this should be obvious, and many other games have this functionality.
- I would like a way to see detailed stats on a player in-game. Perhaps when I hover over their name in the score screen?
- I'm not sure if this is in-game yet or not because I've never been in a game with multiple parties. All instances displaying teams (score screen, loading screen, lobby screen, etc) should have some way to tell which players are in Fireteams. It should also differentiate all the different Fireteams currently in the game so you can tell who's part of what Fireteam.
Searched the thread and couldn't find anything, sorry if I'm repeating a previous concern.
The oilrig map seems imbalanced. It is far too easy for me and my mates to pin attackers into their spawn when on defense. It's always the absolute fastest map. I'm not sure if it's because we're well coordinated, or the opfor is ******ed, or some combination. Maybe there needs to be a few more points of egress from the attackers spawn. Please take a look at it.
Another suggestion I have, as obscure as it may be:
- Please allow for custom aspect ratio's and field-of-views. I have three 24" (16:10) monitors for a total spanned resolution of 5760x1200, I use this in conjunction with Nvidia Surround (similar to AMD Eyefinity) to play many games at extremely wide resolutions. Unfortunately since this is such a non-standard thing to do, and only exceptionally high-power computers can do it there seems to be a limitation of users doing this. We find that the biggest problems with this kind of thing are the following:
- Some games don't let you adjust the Aspect Ratio and FOV, or they automatically set it incorrectly. This completely ruins the triple-monitor experience since everything looks super stretched.
- Most games don't let you adjust where HUG and/or UI elements are placed on the screen. This is a REQUIREMENT for triple-wide gaming. I like to place my important Ui elements on the center screen and then move the less important ones (like the minimap) to the left or right monitors on the edge near the center monitor.
One thing I noticed about this game when I first installed it: It defaulted to 5760x1200 resolution, however NONE of the ****ons showed up for any of the menus. I was unable to progress past the login screen due to this.
Thanks in advance for supporting us multi-monitor users!
- In Conquest, if one team captures more points than another in a round but both teams win a round, the team with more caps should win the match instead of there just being a draw. This would probably encourage people to cap more than just the "tip the scales" cap.
- I'd like to see some "end-game" armor plates for whatever the maximum level is that don't degrade and last forever. These would have really nice stats but be exceptionally expensive.
- I'd like to see this as a helmet ADD-ON. Meaning an upgrade for all open-faced helmets. Alternatively, just make a helmet design incorporating the Spartan system and I'll love you forever (you could even just add a Crye Airframe helmet with all the accessories, including the mesh cover [sorry texture guys]). There may even be waffles served.
- At the end of Closed Beta it would be really cool to see a collection of statistics from the entire Closed Beta period. Something like how many global kills there were, what the Kill:Death ratios of the classes were, how many bullets were fired, how many items were bought from the store, etc. Would just be something neat to see!
EDITED TO ADD A FEW THINGS
1. More levels, particularly outdoor ones with trees (this is a Ghost Recon game after all )
2. Remove the invincibility bullet reflecting shield. This really takes a lot of fun out of the game for me. Its too powerful and a frustrating game mechanic.
3. I'd like to sell my starter weapons (or destroy them at least)
4. Pistols are way too weak. Putting 3 bullets into an enemy from point blank range should always kill them no matter what.
Otherwise great fun so far. Thanks!
Last edited by ecma4; 04-10-2012 at 10:16 PM.
With the latest patch,
- Sniper Scope shake is too much, especially while prone - even with a bipod. Please reduce the scope wobble.
- IR Lasers are now annoying, they create big green saucers of glare on anything you target, even at 80m+ distance. This makes them bad for snipers because when we zoom in now, the green saucer glare drownds out the area we're watching and you can't see very well.
- When playing on a 4:3 ratio resolution, the chat window is cut off by the match results screen, so after each match when people are talking, you can only read the left half of the chat window. Either move the chat window or move the match results screen, being able to see only half a chat window is annoying.
- Change dead bodies back to the way they were, that desaturation thing is just dumb. One of my tactics has always been to go prone near corpses and watch people run past me thinking I'm just a dead body, now I stand out near all the white corpses.
- Add more maps, especially some outdoor maps like in the original Ghost Recon... better yet, add some of the original GR maps into GRO, this will make a lot of us old timey GR players very happy.
- Headshots to the face should ALWAYS kill, I have shot ppl in the face with a sniper rifle and they kill me... what's up with that? I know this is a game, but this is Ghost Recon, not Battlefield or Call of Duty. We want REALISM! That's always been the best part of GR, the Realism.
- Pistol fire rate seems to have been reduced, I can't rapidly fire my pistol anymore, it only fires at a very slow rate even when clicking with my mouse over and over, making it a worthless weapon.
Last edited by HlGHGROUND; 04-12-2012 at 07:00 PM.