Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawx/Ghost recon/Endwar online multiplayer crossover | Forums

Picture the scene if you will?

You are playing ghost recon online as per usual, fighting your way around the suburbs of which ever map you choose. Then all of a sudden a column of tanks thunder around the corner further down the street. You are pinned down from small arms fire anyway, then the armoured reinforcements engage you as a target.
    You call for the fast air support. You paint the target (as seen in the trailer!)Hey presto burning metal from a 500ib bomb.

My idea for this came while I was watching the trailer that has been released. What I am thinking is from the Tom Clancy games that have been made and the fact that Hawx is a ghost recon in the sky type of game, would it ever be possible to cross over the three different games into one, online?

I can imagine this would be slightly difficult with the exsiting games, but maybe an update patch online could be produced or a completely new sequal made.

Some of the thoughts I have are thus: With the online multiplayer you can have a choice of
    A:Armoured units, Gunships, *Naval*(endwar)
    B:Infantry special ops (Ghost Recon)
    C:Fighter Jets (hawx)

*As far as I am aware Endwar doesn't have naval warfare, I maybe mistaken. I've only played the Demo and I am aware that it is set in the future but this idea can be be based on Endwar also.

A target must be locked with laser target recognition before air support can engage. This gives the realistic effect of say your spec ops group having to laser tag the tank before it is destroyed. In gameplay could be an alert sent to the nearest aircraft, the player can either accept or decline the request and earn an online score for succesfull engagement.

Some options may be alittle tricky to get around such as attacking aircraft from the ground and calling for support that way, but I leave this thread open to suggestion and feel free to say this is a crap idea if you like, but I think it will make the online multiplayer game alot more interesting having the three Tom Clancy games gel into one.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

WHile its not by UBI its very simmiliar MAG (Massive Action Game) is being created as we speak. Features Air,land, And i belive naval forces it also features 250 man ONLINE matches a record. Only on PS3

LOL!
    Stunt Masters: Kada-Dix, Zedex26,Abeekpak1 and Funkster3019(me)

Originally posted by Snazzyjdawg:
    WHile its not by UBI its very simmiliar MAG (Massive Action Game) is being created as we speak. Features Air,land, And i belive naval forces it also features 250 man ONLINE matches a record. Only on PS3
    awww i want it on 360 too
    ----------------------------
    -HAWX forum clownster and Minister of Defence and Pie-
    :vhap: :vhap: :vhap: :vhap: :vhap:
    ~“Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”~General George S. Patton
    ~"I'm sending all of you straight to hell!"~Lt Marcus "S

Erm...all i can say is that looks and sounds awesome...thats how u set a goal Clancy!
    fingers crossed its not as deflating as HAWX (dont get me wrong, i still really like it, but cud of been better).

Originally posted by Pieman13:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snazzyjdawg:
    awww i want it on 360 too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am rather skeptical of how well they will be able to keep 200 people lag free like they say they will.
    Broke my signature and reset my ignore list, well done Ubisoft...

There are ways of keeping a large number of people lag free by splitting a load between several servers. We'll see if they manage it or not.

On the HAWX/GR crossover, I don't think it would work simply because of differences in scale. You need a game that is built for such things from scratch.

On the HAWX/GR crossover, I don't think it would work simply because of differences in scale. You need a game that is built for such things from scratch.[/QUOTE]

thats why I mentioned maybe making a sequel where they could incorporate this in the online multiplayer mode.

If it's going to be PS3 only they're gonna have some trouble filling up those 250-player servers...
    Windows XP Home SP3
    Acer 19" AL1916W 1440x900
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Originally posted by ManiacalDog:
    thats why I mentioned maybe making a sequel where they could incorporate this in the online multiplayer mode.
    No, I mean that it would require games with fundamentally different gameplay. You either have to stretch ground forces extremely thin, in which case ground battle will be primarily vehicle-based, or you have to condense sky battles into small volume, which will require slower planes.

Basically, Warhammer is about as close as it gets, which is neither GR nor HAWX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast