Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: UBI Zoo Coops | Forums

Will be using 4.11m later today.

And gonna try and find out who can manage the mighty PE-8, and who can't...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Pe 8? This should be interesting. I'll see if I can join you.

I can fly it no problem. Taxiing is an 'interesting' experience though - there seems to be a bug (TD know about it) - you need to lock the tailwheel, and then turn using differential power. With the tailwheel unlocked, it just turns in circles, regardless of what you do.

I'm not sure about my high-altitude bombing skills, and I'd not recommend close formation flying with me, if you like your plane to return to land with all the bits it started off with...

Without Contraries is no progression. Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence. William Blake

Server's up now!

ft.dangerdogz.com, 4.11m
    ts3 - dangerdogz.com:9988, pw=ubizoo

So, when's the next game? This weekend? Despite being a member here for years, I've yet to play a UBI coop

Quote Originally Posted by Luno13 View Post
    So, when's the next game? This weekend? Despite being a member here for years, I've yet to play a UBI coop
    Generally Saturdays about 19:00GST / 14:00 EST / 11:00 PST which is about 0500 / 0600 Sunday for me, depending on whether it's summer time or standard time currently.
    Last edited by Tully__; 02-22-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Next Saturday, I'd imagine, per usual. Starting at 7:30pm (GMT/UCT) or thereabouts, with a dogfight server up, then moving to coops at 8pm or so. Definitely a fun event, if only to listen to the DangerDogz banter (Teamspeak is a must). Missed it last week, but I hope to make the next one - and do better with the Pe-8 this time if we get a chance to fly it. Missed the target last time - didn't realise how close it was at the airstart. Got well shot up, and finally burst into flames as I was about to turn in on finals, with one elevator. As for what happened to the other elevator, I'd best stay shtum...

Without Contraries is no progression. Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence. William Blake

Fortunately, I haven't had major issues with controlling the Pe-8. It handles a bit like the He-111 from pre-4.09 A fix would be most welcome though. Groundloops are a constant threat.

I look forward to playing with you guys!
    Last edited by Luno13; 02-23-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Yup. Lock the tailwheel, and turn using differential power - keeping an eye out for obstructions, it's big! Fortunately, it has a good field of view on the ground. Actually, about the only problem with views in the Pe-8 is that you can't really see the gyrocompass, even at 6DoF limits. There is the magnetic compass, but I find the Soviet ones a pain to make sense of. I've only really figured out what half the instruments do, but fortunately it seems to be fairly forgiving regarding engine management. Actually, quite forgiving generally, so long as you don't try advance aerobatics (and your gunner doesn't shoot off half your elevator )

I expect I'll see you Saturday Luno. I'll be the one trailing smoke, missing an engine (fallen off entirely), and being followed by a long trail of enemy AI aircraft. I think they only let me join the coops as a decoy...
    Last edited by AndyJWest; 02-23-2012 at 04:21 AM.

I've been looking through the DD site, but I can't find the server IP. I think this has been a long week...I appreciate the help.

And Andy, if you're the one trailing smoke, I'll be the one leaving a crater

Quote Originally Posted by Luno13 View Post
    I've been looking through the DD site, but I can't find the server IP. I think this has been a long week...I appreciate the help.
    You don't need the IP, DD use a DNS redirect. It's usually FoolTrottel hosting (see his announcement post above) and he'll post the url once he has the server running. In his post above it was:
    • ft.dangerdogz.com

You just type that in where you'd normally put the IP address and it'll connect fine.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast