All I can say is I'm sure you Devs did a great job, but it's all these issues a lot of people are having that you'll be remembered for tbh..
Feels like a beta release.. I know you cant catch all issues on release, but looking at most of the problems, its the same issues (give or take a few) - would have thought these showstoppers would have been caught - come on guys - you rushed this out eh? be honest...
(1) Installation from DVD issue.
- Why after installing from DVD, DMoMM wants to have Steam then go and download it all over again? I know disk space is relatively cheap but 2 copies of DMoMM on my HD is a bit much!!!
(2) Runtime / program run issues.
- DMoMM (SP) Single player retail? (white Icon - which I'm guessing is the DVD install) - launches but never runs.. (i.e Can see if appear in task manager but then dissappears / dies).. whereas DMoMM (SP) from Steam launches ok. ** I haven't even tried running DMoMM (MP) retail.
(3) DMoMM (MP) Steam - various issues.
- Sound stuttering.. no real pattern when its going to happen, although 80% stuttering is usually when there's a load of action on screen, 20% when it feels like doing it!!!
- MP Map - mega long load times / MP map hanging / Intermittent successful map loads - (what more can I say?) - had to use the microsoft 'three finger salute' Cntrl-Alt-Del.. and try and kill off the mm process..
(3) DMoMM (SP) Steam - Gameplay.
- Chapter 3 - chasing the goblin creature with the crystal, now at the battlements / inside city walls and proceeding down some steps..
** getting LOADING screen and thats IT!!! NOTHING else.. so Im guessing it's crashed / hung!!! Even tried MS 3 finger salute, kill mm process, reboot - make sure all setting as low as possible.. (hmm low settings.. that sux.. feels like 'why bark when you have a dog?'... not worth running the software in this resolution.. if I wanted a working game in this resolution / video settings I would have got something for my outdated Gameboy) - eve with these **** settings - went back to the city wall - LOADING .... ..... ... wait 5 mins - GIVE UP.. 3 finger salute.. kill mm process..
- looks like this could be a random map loading issue - as other people are having issues on diffrent chapters.. but I cant get past Chapter 3.. so game is unplayable in SP (not to forget MP also)..
** And Ive not even experienced all the other **** the other players are having..
I hope you Devs can perform a miracle and fix this pile of poop!!! as tbh this is a very shoddy product at the moment - from installation to gameplay - with a lot of pissed off players out there....