Thread: Bad_Pool_Header | Forums

Hi,
    I've been trawling through all the forums here and at SubSim to try and find a solution to my problem so apologies if I've missed something obvious.

About a minute into the game the sound stutters and the game crashes to the dreaded blue screen which has a title at the top which reads BAD_POOL_HEADER
    Underneath it tells me that Windows will close etc etc and has the usual (to me)incomprehensible code lines.

I have run the configuration for SH3 and I'm in good spec. P4 3.2 GHz, 1Gb RAM, ATI Radeon X600, Direct X 9c, XP SP2 all up to date, SH3 patch 1.2
    I have seen one or two mentions of the Bad Pool Header in the community but have no idea what it means let alone what to do to correct it.
    I would be very grateful for any advice.
    Many thanks.
    Hemzy
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The bad_pool_header BSOD is usually casued by poor hardware device drivers. What soundcard do you have? You might want to check that you run the lateste WHQL drivers. I received the same BSOD when I loaded the new Beta drivers for my Audigy 2 soundcard. When I rolled back to the latest WHQL all was fine.
    DaWizeGuy

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"

First of all thanks for replying, much appreciated.
    My soundcard is a Realtek ALC860. I have made sure that it's drivers are up to date. Likewise my video drivers are current. I have switched the hardware acceleration down to basic in DXdiag on the tab "Sound 1" (I read that this had helped on some of the other forum entries) So far no improvement.

You might try setting sound accel to off in DX. Worked for me and I only have a lowly SB Live. I still get great sound effects. Game would freeze every time when I tried using my onboard sound before buying the SB.

Thanks for the advice I will try it out and see how it goes.

Again,my thanks to those that know helping those that don't.