Thread: rank bars | Forums

what i don't understand is in the game you get xp points at the end of the match and you have bars to fill. it would be alot better if you had a point system ie. 545000 of 675000 to reach elite, that way you can track your progress alot better in regards to ranking up what do you all think. is this possible to start of with.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by shariain_uk:
    what i don't understand is in the game you get xp points at the end of the match and you have bars to fill. it would be alot better if you had a point system ie. 545000 of 675000 to reach elite, that way you can track your progress alot better in regards to ranking up what do you all think. is this possible to start of with.
    I think it would definately be possible, but given the extremely large number of points it takes to reach Elite, it would probably be discouraging to people to see. That is probably why it is the way it is. Just a guess, but probably not far off from the truth.

TROUBLENSB

i did not mean just to elite. you could have it to the next rank Private Second Class to Private First Class 0 to 3000

i did not mean just to elite. you could have it to the next rank Private Second Class to Private First Class 0 to 3000
    I understand what you meant, and the lower ranks aren't so bad. But when you hit officer status, you will see huge jumps. I am a Major right now and I am only halfway to Elite. Can you imagine getting there and then seeing you are only half way in points? I am sure it could be added, and personally it wouldn't hurt me at all. I am just saying that it might drive away their casual customers who aren't ready to put so much time into this game. Thanks,

TROUBLENSB

it will only show you to your next rank.

i am only a captain just now with 5 bars full but i understand there is some sort of secret bar that you can see in player info it goes along the bottom of the 5 bars and only when you have filled the 5 bars and this secret bar you will rank up but i would rather see the points so i can track my progress better.

simple answer www.thedanhare.com calculates your rank for you and how many matches you need to rank and stuff!
    ---------------------------------------------
    The last paragraph of the harry potter book coming soon!
    (when i feel like spoiling)

Lord...

Very interesting calculator. Thanks.

Originally posted by Lord_DA:
    simple answer www.thedanhare.com calculates your rank for you and how many matches you need to rank and stuff!
    LMAO!!! "Number of hours rubberbanding" LOL

...i understand there is some sort of secret bar that you can see in player info it goes along the bottom of the 5 bars and only when you have filled the 5 bars and this secret bar you will rank up...
    It's not really a secret bar, it's just that Ubi's interface for showing current progrees to your next rank is kind of counterintuitive (read: stupid). In actuality you need to fill six bars, not five. Anytime you look at the player info section you can see your filled bars as well as how far you've gotten to filling the next one. That's the secret bar you're talking about. But it's always there, showing your progress to the next filled bar, not just after you've filled the last bar. The stupid, I mean counterintuitive, part is that after you've filled the fifth bar you have one more invisible bar to fill before you rank up. So once you have 5 bars filled and look at player info, the bottom bar is showing you how far you have to fill that last unseen bar.

Hope that makes sense. I know the theory behind it doesn't.

Originally posted by navyredman:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lord_DA:
    LMAO!!! "Number of hours rubberbanding" LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL yea thats what i thought, i use it to see how many TH i need!
    ---------------------------------------------
    The last paragraph of the harry potter book coming soon!
    (when i feel like spoiling)