Thread: Nightvision after-effects | Forums

The thing that was ironic about the previous titles regarding nightvision was the fact that the players were able to go through an entire bright level with nightvision on. In the next game, the nightvision should temporarily blind the players who wear them in bright areas, just like the flashbang.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "I'm not a tuxedo kind of guy." -Sam Fisher
    "But, but you are... some kind of spy!" -Displace executive
    "Yeah, I'm the REAL kind, not the tuxedo kind." -Sam Fisher
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

no way i live with the nightvision on i have never taken it off no way no how they cant to that they just cant :'(

I think having the Night Vision blind you is a good idea. I mean your going to get blinded if you wear them outside and look at the sun. Now at least make it so you are not wearing them all the time. They are ment for low light situations. I think that would be nice to see in Vegas.

yeah, i remember the ATF standoff years ago. hostiles were in their house. with alot of firearms. I think they were dealers. but the ATF saw that they were using NVG's to see the officers, so they flooded the place with huge floodlights. that could be a useful tactic. you know, i just realised, the tangos never have worn night vision. that could add another element to the game.
    -Rage
    Forum Addict

"Ever ready, ever willing, to protect life and property."

really i think night vision is cool but it is abused many times, they should also include flashlights

oh yeah, what was with the unrealistic full screen NVG that was in lockdown? last time i checked, you don't get full peripheral vision with NVGs. RvS's was perfect, except for armpatch glow ( i still don't know why that was never fixed).
    -Rage
    Forum Addict

"Ever ready, ever willing, to protect life and property."

The idea is nice... Unable to use night vision outside is nice but not everybody actually do this and even if they do its probably because the maps ar to bright.

I play at night whit the light closed and I wouldn't like beeing flashed all the time because of the sun.I use night vision only in dark maps or to shield from a flashbang grenade.

Originally posted by GhostDog3:
    The idea is nice... Unable to use night vision outside is nice but not everybody actually do this and even if they do its probably because the maps ar to bright.

I play at night whit the light closed and I wouldn't like beeing flashed all the time because of the sun.I use night vision only in dark maps or to shield from a flashbang grenade.
    True.... But what if you enter a dark room with night vision, and one of the terrorists turn the lights on on purpose? They'll blind you and try to kill you. It would be nice if multiplayer gives the players the ability to turn on lights or whatnot.

Edit: Also, what do you mean by shielding yourself from a flashbang grenade?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "I'm not a tuxedo kind of guy." -Sam Fisher
    "But, but you are... some kind of spy!" -Displace executive
    "Yeah, I'm the REAL kind, not the tuxedo kind." -Sam Fisher

It would be nice but only in mission not in versus and even so,allot of gamers have bad eyes.

To shield is something I noticed,when some one trows a flash bang you can use night or termal vision to stop the effect of beeing flashed.It was bug in the game but it helped me allot.Flashbangs heart my eyes when they ar over used.

Originally posted by Real720:
    The thing that was ironic about the previous titles regarding nightvision was the fact that the players were able to go through an entire bright level with nightvision on. In the next game, the nightvision should temporarily blind the players who wear them in bright areas, just like the flashbang.
    I liked the night vision in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Hit light, temporary blindness, use it in daytime, ABSOLUTLEY blinded.

I agree that we need a better night vision/thermal. I don't like the GRAW's vision, too easy to use for day and more for thermal vision.

"Gaming is a pause from reality."
    Student - California State University Sacramento