Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game runs fine but ignores all MODS...why????(Vista?) | Forums

I'm a mod newbie for sh4 and I can't figure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm running sh4v1.5 on vista just fine -- so I download JSGME, install it into the sh4 folder, make it run as an admin, then put the unzipped mods into the MODS folder. I 'Activate' them using JSGME -- then I start a new sh4 game and its just like I never installed any mods at all!

I've tried different mods, no effect. Not even the gramophone mod activated by itself works.

BTW, telling JSGME to run in XP mode makes it freeze up when it goes to 'activate' something, so I'm running it in vista mode and it "appears" to work fine.

If anyone can help I'd be very appreciative.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'm a mod newbie for sh4 and I can't figure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm running sh4v1.5 on vista just fine -- so I download JSGME, install it into the sh4 folder, make it run as an admin, then put the unzipped mods into the MODS folder. I 'Activate' them using JSGME -- then I start a new sh4 game and its just like I never installed any mods at all!

I've tried different mods, no effect. Not even the gramophone mod activated by itself works.

BTW, telling JSGME to run in XP mode makes it freeze up when it goes to 'activate' something, so I'm running it in vista mode and it "appears" to work fine.

If anyone can help I'd be very appreciative.

Hello soeaster,

Welcome to the SH4 Forum.

What mods are you trying to use?

Have you looked at the post that explains how to install Mods? Click here to see this post.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Thanks!

I've tried loading TMOv162 by itself, and with its patch, and with or without other other mods, like the gramophone mod. I thought maybe one or another would work but none do.

I've tried to follow the mod install guide -- that's how I've gotten as far as I have. I think it was made on XP, and I'm wondering if Vista could be the problem.

When you say you are running SH4 1.5 do you mean you are running the game with the U-boat missions?

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

Yes -- it came with the uboat missions on cd.

Thanks for the info. From what I know you are doing things right but I am not familiar with Vista.

I don't mean to leave you without an answer but a Vista user or other forum member should be able to help you and get you running.

-------------

Hey, thanks for listening -- I've definitely gotten my money's worth playing the stock game -- it's only when I read all the work people put into making these mods that I feel like I'm missing out on something!

That happened to me once. I opened the ubisoft folder and applied the mods beside the SH4 folder without opening the dumb folder itself and placing the mods there...doubt that's what you're doing, but that's what screwed me up. It showed the mods, you could enable them, just nothing, cause they really weren't there.

Very good point MWolfe1963. JSGME is put in the Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific folder and not the Ubisoft folder.

-------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast