Thread: Long load time and extreamly laggy gameplay on low quality | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

I just got farcry and loaded it up but after 2 hours of trouble shooting and searching for answers i cant fix this problem,
    When i start single player the map begins to load then gets near the end and i have to wait 5 mins for it to start. When it does start the screen is black for about 1 min and then i get to play, how ever, when i do it is extreamly laggy. By this i mean if i move the mouse i have to wait 15 secs to see the action on my screen.

I have updated all drivers and far cry but the problem remains, i have tried on low quality but still it remains.

I have a a-bit mobo
    intell P4 Ht 3ghz processor
    1.5 gigs of ram
    n-vidia 5200 gfx card
    120 gigs of memory

If anyone knows how to fix this it would be a big help.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I just got farcry and loaded it up but after 2 hours of trouble shooting and searching for answers i cant fix this problem,
    When i start single player the map begins to load then gets near the end and i have to wait 5 mins for it to start. When it does start the screen is black for about 1 min and then i get to play, how ever, when i do it is extreamly laggy. By this i mean if i move the mouse i have to wait 15 secs to see the action on my screen.

I have updated all drivers and far cry but the problem remains, i have tried on low quality but still it remains.

I have a a-bit mobo
    intell P4 Ht 3ghz processor
    1.5 gigs of ram
    n-vidia 5200 gfx card
    120 gigs of memory

If anyone knows how to fix this it would be a big help.

Might try 800x600 with that card.

What is your internet connection speed?

What is your ping like on the server(s) your connecting to?

Edit

It's very obvious...

The FX 5200 is a weak card, more of a budget, even though it's in the FX line, it's from the first line of FX cards. I have the same problem with my Geforce 4 MX 440, extremely laggy, very slow as hell, and very low and unplayable frame rates. Like marts123 said, you have to turn down the resolution. Sacrifice settings and turn them off or down if it's really laggy and unplayable. There's no other solution, then overclocking or possibly buying a new card? Although, OCing could lead to overheating and artifacts in the game, which makes it worse. You have strong specs, but with a lower-end card, it brings the system bottleneck. Long loading times could also be due to the Hard Drive. If it's really slow and old.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pur3_0wnag3:
    It's very obvious...

The FX 5200 is a weak card, more of a budget, even though it's in the FX line, it's from the first line of FX cards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it's not that obvious.

I run FC SP at about 25-30 fps at 800x600 and some settings on low...most on medium some on high and he/she has a better CPU than me:

FX5200 (Vantec Iceberg fan installed)
    2.8 Ghz P4
    512 mb RAM
    80 GB hard drive

I suspect that this is not a card related problem, though I suppose I could be wrong...

My suggestion is to download 3DMark2001 from the web. Run the benchmark test and reply here with your score. I can tell you what I normally get later on when I have access to my records. That will tell you how the vid card is performing.

Another thing to check (I would look at this first) is to make sure that you have AA and AF set to "zero" or application. The FX5200 cannot run this game well at all with either of these enabled.

Post back with more questions or if you find a solution.