Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: follow issue, rider anim, chat anim, force look | Forums

I did not suceed to use the wolftest class, it was making my map crashing down each time i put this class on map.
    So i'd created a wolf selection but it's limited.
    I'd placed an invisible cow inside the wolf because the wolf have no blood fx.
    You'll have to import the cem file in chromed and create a new movie object to link with film.
    I know it's weird but that's the only way i'd found to use the wolf cause i'd not suceed to move him in waypoint with any object class.(maybe the cow's class but i guess they have not the same bone helpers and animations)
    http://d01.megashares.com/dl/QCu8SCP..._Selection.rar

Ps: there's a new trick for wolf with waypoints.
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-can-t-resolve
    Last edited by cr1m3; 06-03-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I reinstalled the whole thing to a win7....I copied the map to the game folder /mapsextra, to documents too, but can not open it......what did I foreget?????

Hi again,

i'm working on win 7 and all is fine for me.
    Both win 7 / 32 and 64 bits works.

I copied the map to the game folder /mapsextra, to documents too
    If you edit your map with chrome editor, no need to place the map in game folder but only in:
    Disk:\Users\UserName\Documents\Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood\data\MapsExtra.

To create the MapsExtra folder, just create a new map then chromed will create all folders and profile settings.

what did I foreget?????
    I don't know but did you set any file in your map folder as read-only?
    Cause this could block your map inside chromed.

Did your map is making the editor to crash when opening?

Is there's a message while you try to open?

Did you checked if all needed files are in your map folder.

Have you any earlier map version or map.bak file to test in the editor.
    Last edited by cr1m3; 06-03-2013 at 07:51 PM.

1 Can I reverse the river current?
    2 How do i add sound to a river?
    3 Do a have to put sound emmiters all along the river or is there a simpler way?

1: if you mean to change the river current direction, my answer is yes.
    In chromed, open advanced mode then choose local coordinates instead of world.
    Then you'll see the objects gizmo aligned to the objecs direction.
    Now, select your visbox (=waterCurrent object class) then you'll see the gizmo helper with 3 lines, one red, green and blue.
    The green line in the gizmo is for the vertical direction =y axis, the red is for horizontal =x axis and the blue is for the depth =z axis.
    The blue gizmo line is the water current direction.
    So, turn the blue line in the direction you want that the current will flow.

2: personally, i use sound emitters but never tested another way for sound sources in particular locations.

3: you can make an ambient sound in your map but the water sound will cover the whole map.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-ambient-sound

Or you can try with the sound emitter ambient class but i guess you'll have the sound in the whole map too.
    So, you'll need to put sound emitter simple along the river and check the sound distances.

First of all....thanx again.
    1/ I havent add the visbox, cos if I understood it right it only effects the movement of the player and the AIs in it.....my river is just a small stream and it doesnt need to do that. My problem is that I started building the road from the walley upwards to the hill....the custom water material had smooth still water waves and that ugly blue color from a distance so i changed it to the one reffered to in the tutorial video. now it looks more like a stream, the ugly blue is gone too, but the water current animation goes the wrong way.
    2/ Id also like to speed up the current like 3-times or so. Id modified some numbers in the water material file but I havent seen any changes so far. Could you help me with that too?
    3/How do doors work? What do I have to set to make them openable? How do I set them up for the AIs to get some smooth open/close animations?

My problem is that I started building the road from the walley upwards to the hill
    I found that when you create a new road, the river current will start at the last road point and end at the first road point you created.

but the water current animation goes the wrong way.
    That's the point, you'll have to delete the road and start creating it from the end of the river current.

Or, select your road (CRoadControlPointHelper) i mean all of the road's orange points then, rotate the whole CRoadControlPointHelper you selected
    at 180 degrees.
    THen, the current anim will go to the right way.

2/ Id also like to speed up the current like 3-times
    I'd searched new methods in liquid.mtt file but not succeed to speed up the current texture.
    The only solution i'd found is inside chromed.
    Open chromed then open the roads tool , select your road (river) and click on edit selected road.
    Now, increase the texcoord scale and your water material will scroll faster.
    To adjust the water aspect, increase the road width and a little bit of segment length.

try with the
    Enemy opens the door (sel_quest_adversaries_enemyopensdoor.eds)
    You'll may have to download the
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Selections Package

in cojmodding add-ons and place it into your coj2 game folder.
    There's also a class for doors to open:
    DoorRequiredUse class.
    Put a door on map then change his class to DoorRequiredUse.
    Last edited by cr1m3; 06-26-2013 at 08:14 PM.

well, this time I worked on the map for a while, I tried to run it but there was an error message while building the map and it froze. Now I am running chrome-ed but the map is not listed in the load option. the folder is present in the dosuments but the editor is unable to recognize it. what now???

Did your map folder contain map.ba1 map.ba2,3?
    Cause those files are map backups.
    Did you made backups of your maps somewhere?
    Corrupted maps can appear often so, you better to backup your maps.

yes map.ba1....3 are there

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast