Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: BG&E HD Camera Controls/Bugs & Other Issues Thread | Forums

@Elfrick. Don't be dense man!!! Yes there are options for inverted camera, but it is for BOTH X and Y. People, including myself, want to play this game with NORMAL X and INVERTED Y, like in every other game. Read the posts carefully... you're throwing wrenches into a potential fix.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Buy a customizable t-mini wireless or if you can find it a 3-1 dual trigger both are FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE out of the box and will fix southpaw problems as well.

If all you want is invert aim press preset then mapping and then on your freelook stick press up then down and done.

These gamepads override in game controls so leave everything as default because if you have an inverted pad and the option as inverted you will get default...same for southpaw set up these pads in southpaw and set in game to southpaw you'll get default.

This problem of invert 1st person while screwing up 3rd person also affects stranger's wrath same fix buy a thrustmaster pad and move on..if you have ps3 because the 3-1 and the t-mini are playstation pads and have no headphone jack for xbl chat even if you buy an $80 adapter it doesn't have a headphone jack either.

So if on playstation you can fix it yourself with special gamepads but xbox must wait until a proper patch fixing outdated controls comes along.

I signed up to the forum specifically to comment on the inversion issue, and how it renders the game unplayable for me.

Here's what the Registration screen promised me:

"Be heard! Get access to forums and Customer Surveys to help shape the games you love!"

Riiiiiiiight. This thread is well over a year old. It requests what seems like it should be an incredibly quick and simple fix for what isn't even (strictly speaking) a bug, just a foolish design choice. After sixteen months, nothing's happened.

Anyone here feel like they've been heard?

Anyone feel like they've helped shape the game they love?

Nice one Ubisoft. Real quality customer service right there.

Quote Originally Posted by hairysammoth View Post
    Aaaargh. I was really looking forwards to this, too.

I'm not sure if it was always like this (I originally played it on PC) but I've just played through the XBox Live Arcade demo, and the reverse-axis camera controls for BG&E:HD are horrible. Reverse X-axis and reverse Y-axis are both lumped in to the same option: "Look mode". So those of us who like our X-axis normal, and Y-axis inverted (like any good gamer who learned mouselook from Duke Nukem 3D... ) are basically bang out of luck. We can either spend the game staring at the floor or running in to walls.

Is there any danger of adding a separate "Invert Y-axis" option? I was all set to buy this too (I very nearly didn't even bother with the trial version; lucky I did), and still will if the camera options are fixed. Anyone else in similar straits?

On another note, why is this still happening in games? Adding basic control inversion options can't be much work at all, and without them you instantly rule out a significant portion of potential audience (around 25%, if this poll is anything to go by...). Your camera preference is even built in to your XBox profile now, so there's really no excuse.
    Yeah I have same experience, it is really pathetic to use camera controls but I have heard some rumors that they are going to fix this bugs and will short it out and yes there no danger in invert y-axis option.

Elfrick - Unless you actually test out your proposed "solutions" you should not comment. There is no way to get normal X-Axis and inverted Y-Axis AT THE SAME TIME, using the menu. Until they patch this problem, I am simply unable to enjoy this game!

Just posting on this thread to add my voice say I said something, even though at this rate I highly doubt Ubisoft will issue this simple patch. I see this as blatant disrespect for the people that are interested in this game, especially since I figure most people who are affected by this find out only after they've bought the game. I don't even remember the last game I played that wouldn't let me independently invert the y-axis. That issue, along with the lack of d-pad control for menus, and the fact that there are two different 'action' buttons ('X' for in-game, and 'A' for menus), makes playing this game an exercise in frustration for me. I really don't feel like buying a special controller to play this game, especially when it would probably cost more than I paid for the game. I will give it a few more shots, and see if I can adjust.. but I doubt it.

I just wonder.. does anyone at Ubisoft even read these threads, let alone respond to the issues? Do they care about their customers at all? Or do they just care about our money?

I played the same boat. .i really like the game. .ill take a screen shot. .
    Not all computer problems require a tech to be physically in front of your computer. Visit us at http://gspeedcs.com/

Of course, ubisoft respond to the queries of their customers. But it,s a place where forum members discuss and reply to the queries in general. Anyways, I think you need to set the options and control of the game in right way to handle the game as you need. For which you need to have clear view of the game and controls instructions.
    Fairways Supported Living
    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
    http://www.fairwayssupportedliving.com.au/
    Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.

Notice this is on special offer today on XBLA. It reminded me that I still have it sat on my HDD unplayed because of the camera issues. Pathetic that they never fixed it to be honest.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112