Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft Game Launcher Error Code 1 | Forums

I just purchased this game from the Steam gaming server and after it was installed I tried to start it and all I get is a -- Ubisoft Game Launcher Error Code 1 -- message. I have looked high and low in forums for help but found nothing that seems to work.

Does anyone have this same issue? What must I do to correct this problem. I just paid for something that doesn't work. Help Please!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have the exact same issue,
    I downloaded this H.A.W.X 2 on STEAM
    It installed and now when I hit PLAY
    it asks which version, TC Hawx 2
    or TC Hawx 2. DX11

I have chose both and I get the following
    box, Error Establishing session
    Ubisoft Game launcher error code 1.

then HAWX 2.exe has stopped working.

Please contact me at rj16066@gmail.com with a solution ASAP.

Thank you

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Originally posted by ajhollman:
    I just purchased this game from the Steam gaming server and after it was installed I tried to start it and all I get is a -- Ubisoft Game Launcher Error Code 1 -- message. I have looked high and low in forums for help but found nothing that seems to work.

Does anyone have this same issue? What must I do to correct this problem. I just paid for something that doesn't work. Help Please!
    Manually install the GameLauncher software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important.

Once you have manually deleted the files left in that folder, you can reinstall the GameLauncher software from: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...auncherInstaller.exe and then you should be able to start the game!

Exact same issue here. Purchased H.A.W.X.2 via Steam. And I also have that feeling of just paying for something that is broken.

Trying suggested fix now.

Update:

The ubisoft folder does not exist. Neither is there an uninstall option in add/remove programs. I have not uninstalled anything on my system yet - so the advice above is bad.

All files appear to be placed here:
    "c:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\tom clancy's hawx 2 emea\"

Unable to locate "ubisoft" and/or "Ubisoft Game Launcher" folder anywhere on my system.

Please advice on how to proceed with fixing the game installation.

Solution update:

Hi again. With the ubisoft folder completely missing I just tried installing the Game Launcher from the above provided link. And that did the trick.

So - the error is, that the steam installer does NOT install the game launcher.

Next problem I encountered was being requested for a CD key, I was not provided with one through steam. Luckily, the key is available through the game details page in the steam client. Press the "CD key" option in the far right menu there.

Then you're able to start the game.

Once in the game, steam informs you through a popup message what your game cd key is (a bit too late).

So two errors: Not installing the game launcher, and not displaying the cd key in a timely fashion.

Bad end user experience sofar - hope the game totally makes up for it! ;-)

--
    Merry XMas & happy new year to all.

Adding a little Ho Ho Ho:

"Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, <span class="ev_code_RED">and cannot be uninstalled or disabled</span>."

"First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software"

Just purchased from Steam and I got the same error after downloading. I followed CircusMidget's instructions and found that the Game Launcher software wasn't installed. I installed that piece and it worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!!!

Same thing here no launcher installed and I bought from Steam. Installed the launcher and bam I'm up and running. Thanks a ton guys I really appreciate it!

Same problem here - and Ubisoft game launcher was NEVER installed in the first place.

This is a pretty sloppy job by you guys - I though Steam at least had decent QA procedures, even if the Ubisoft team are complete morons.

Oh, and why the F**K do I have to create an account for a game I never intend to play online? I'd better not receive any spam (after opting out on the account creation screen), or I'm making a written complaint to the Australian privacy commission.

Probably the last ubisoft game I'm ever going to buy...

Yeah, it is a very poor job they did with this game on steam. Don't know who to blame; Valve, Ubisoft, or both.

Either way, I think the "lack" of cries & shouts in the forums talks a very clear language. They don't sell a lot of copies of this game. ANYONE(!) buying this game on steam will have this problem.

We should setup an online game for all of us who struggled through the setup problems. Each of us should have call-names like "Valve", "Ubisoft" and "Game launcher" etc. ;-)

I take huge offense to purchasing a game and finding out that I didn't receive everything that I paid for. In the future I hope that this problem will be resolved for people who invest in your products. It won't be an issue for me however, I'm not going to take a chance on Ubisoft games again.

i had this problem, i solved it,delete all ip of ubi in hosts archive

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast