Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More like Hitman? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

I'm sure there's going to be times when you get to hide in the shadows and grab people from behind, etc. But from what I've seen the game looks more like Hitman... which is a bad thing, not because I don't like Hitman, but because I play Splintercell to play... Splintercell.

I think it's like Bloodmoney, except you can sneak around more easily, with the option of shadows and gadgets, etc. But that they're going to force you to be in the crowd situations, and more of the Hitman style gameplay =/
    ===============================
    I really liked Splintercell because unlike Metal Gear Solid (Which I really didn't get into...) it was more fluid and felt more real to me, unlike the camoflauge (sp) and whatnot. Also unlike Hitman, it wasn't based on a certain story strategy, and events. It was based more on raw actions and it felt more like I can be sucessful with my skills and not with a strategy guide.
    ============================
    I really hope that I'm wrong about Convictions, and I'll still probably buy the game just in case, but I really hope that it's not going to be a Hitman styled game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Camouflage is more real than shadow stealth bob.

Originally posted by aniket_nayak:
    Word. Metal Gear Solid 4 Octocamo suit FTW !

"You're MINE !"

Originally posted by RedVodka:
    I'm sure there's going to be times when you get to hide in the shadows and grab people from behind, etc.
    Don't be so sure. Ubi hasn't said so, and if it was in the game, and they were smart, they would.

"Tonight's forecast...dark."

Forum Rules · Ubi Support

Banned
    Originally posted by RedVodka:
    I'm sure there's going to be times when you get to hide in the shadows and grab people from behind, etc.
    Nope - there won't - that got stated by Ubi a long time ago!

Originally posted by aniket_nayak:
    i think he meant like in mgs where you lay on the ground,then your suit changes colors ,but yeh real camo is more realistic,(i guess that is what knot3d is talking about)
    "madness is like gravity... all it takes is a little push"

Ubisoft could put shadow stealth in areas which were dark enough to actually mask someones presence. The whole map shouldn't be 90% darkness and 10% lights. My whole problem with SC is how they have overused the shadow stealth concept to unbelievable extremes where as they could have used it more realistically. And shadow stealth should provide cover only from a distance. Guards close to you should be able to see you without a problem.

While trying to camouflage in the environment, you have to be perfectly still otherwise you would easily be spotted. Same goes with shadow stealth. After all shadow stealth is basically camouflaging in darkness. So to make it work you have to stay absolutely put. I know, games should only be an approximation of real-life. But the way they have implemented shadow stealth, its not an approximation. Its just wrong.

i think he meant like in mgs where you lay on the ground,then your suit changes colors ,but yeh real camo is more realistic
    Yea, you are right. Suit changing color is stupid.

If you played Splinter Cell games at higher difficulty levels you might notice that people could see Sam much much more easily then on regular difficulty.

Many thanks to gui_brazil for the sig/ avatar! http://www.spyring.net/sc4/?friend=Mj3KlH

Xfire: psyichic

I have won CT on expert difficulty with 100% ratings on all but Bathhouse, but as long as your stealth meter was zero, no one could see you. And that was the case most of the time.

Guessing you never played the original SC then? In CT it was very easy to be covered in shadows. Ever since the original Splinter Cell it got progressively easier to be covered. CT was nice because it incorporated some really great new elements but for challenge nothing matches the original in my mind.

Many thanks to gui_brazil for the sig/ avatar! http://www.spyring.net/sc4/?friend=Mj3KlH

Xfire: psyichic

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast