Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destroying Convoy missions are unrealistic | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Does anyone else have this issue with the convoy missions?

Convoy vehciles just drive around and around in circles until you come and destroy them.

I dont see how this is realistic at all.

Surely they should drive enroute to somewhere and you can try take them out on the way to their destination or plan an ambush when they get there (if you can get in as the base would probably be heavily armed).

If you fail the mission then your reputation would go down (remember reputation Ubisoft? the thing that determines how you play the game!)

There is just no way of failing a convoy mission (unless you die, which is hardly likely as taking out 2 jeeps and a truck is easy as chips and peas)

What other "side missions" do you know of that are easy and not realistic?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

100% agreed. I was all tense after journeying to the target area of an assassination, playing out different possible scenarios, ways of leveraging my tools... then come out to find a couple trucks and and a car, looping aimlessly in the desert. Two things can happen:

1) You attack or even blow up a vehicle and they don't spot you. They stoically roll past, like an existential parade of dolls circling obliviously through nothingness, begging you to put them out of their recurring misery. But the question is, would it be a worse fate to let them live?

2) One of the characters on the convoy spots what may or may not be a human figure wandering in a nearby field (you, the player, but they don't know that, right?). And they do what any of us do upon spotting an unidentified humanoid while driving: gun the engine and attempt to position the front-end of the vehicle inside said figure.

While, of course, unloading a medium machine gun spec'd for point target fire at 900 meters from about 6 feet away.

I only gripe because of how much was accomplished with FC2 (and there really is a lot), and how close it came to being something truly special.

Originally posted by kernal32:
    Well, what IS realistic in a computer game...? This isn't the only thing that's not so realistic. What about the respawning controlposts, what about the number of bullets it takes to kill someone or get killed, what about the speeds at which your car needs repair, what about the way you take bullets out of your leg, what about the health kits all over the place, what about the fact that you are caught in a square map and can't get out, what about buddies who are always there when you need them, etc. etc. etc. This isn't just a 'problem' with FC2: name me one game that is REALLY realistic!

BTW To be clear: I really LOVE FC2 and don't care at all about there reality problems.

Originally posted by lockongoodbye:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kernal32:
    Well, what IS realistic in a computer game...? This isn't the only thing that's not so realistic. What about the respawning controlposts, what about the number of bullets it takes to kill someone or get killed, what about the speeds at which your car needs repair, what about the way you take bullets out of your leg, what about the health kits all over the place, what about the fact that you are caught in a square map and can't get out, what about buddies who are always there when you need them, what about getting a second, third, fourth, etc. change after getting killed, etc. etc. etc. This isn't just a 'problem' with FC2: name me one game that is REALLY realistic!
    Imagine a game you would buy and that would give you ONE change to play it and as soon as your dead you wouldn't be able to play the game for the rest of you (real) life. Not THAT would be realistic. I am glad computer games aren't REALLY realistic.

BTW To be clear: I really LOVE FC2 and don't care at all about there reality problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by lockongoodbye:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kernal32:
    Well, what IS realistic in a computer game...? This isn't the only thing that's not so realistic. What about the respawning controlposts, what about the number of bullets it takes to kill someone or get killed, what about the speeds at which your car needs repair, what about the way you take bullets out of your leg, what about the health kits all over the place, what about the fact that you are caught in a square map and can't get out, what about buddies who are always there when you need them, etc. etc. etc. This isn't just a 'problem' with FC2: name me one game that is REALLY realistic!

BTW To be clear: I really LOVE FC2 and don't care at all about there reality problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldnt be bothered to mention the other realism issues as they've been done to death on this forum.

Anyway, I just think the mission structure is daft. Why just drive round and round in circles?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lockongoodbye:

I couldnt be bothered to mention the other realism issues as they've been done to death on this forum.

Anyway, I just think the mission structure is daft. Why just drive round and round in circles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree with you on this, why would a truck full of valuable weapons, that were supposedly to be dropped off, just keep driving round and round and round...really doesn't make sense.

this is beyond unrealistic, its flawed. so we have FC2 copying from the GTA series, that's all well and good...but to copy this mission structure from GTA, and mess it up is beyond me, in GTA at least the deliveries usually come to an end, the mission is failed, in FC2...

Can you actually ever fail a mission in Far Cry 2 (other than dying)

it seems that you can just keep going and going until you succeed. At least GTA fails a mission.

Can you actually ever fail a mission in Far Cry 2 (other than dying)

it seems that you can just keep going and going until you succeed. At least GTA fails a mission.
    No, you can't. And this is one of the major flaws in the game. Nobody likes to fail a mission, but if you just can't fail at all short of dying then the challenge of it is lost.

I try to circumvent this by setting my own goals. For example when doing an assassination mission I "fail" the mission if anyone else spots me before I reach my target and then I just reload an earlier savegame. With the convoys driving around in circles this is harder to do, though. That's just an immersion breaker.

Great, so I'm sensing a feeling of 'why bother' when I'm on my next mission.

I feel missions just turn into gun everyone down that runs at you and then do what ever you need to do.

Yes, I have noticed this too which is unrealistic. They should at last drive away to a base if you attack and miss. As it is they keep driving in circles even if their damaged.

Hope this will be changed in future with a Patch.

Other missions seem ok though as most other targets are stationery and well guarded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast