Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HAWX PC patch 1.02 | Forums

Thank you for this patch Ubisoft!

DX10 now runs smooth without artifacts.
    The deadzone slider set all the way to the left makes the deadzone virtually non-existent, awesome !
    These two things where my main problems with HAWX, so i'm a happy camper now.

One thing that does annoy me a bit is the change on the menu and in game: all references to buttons are shown as joypad controls now (i.e. Escape is now shown as as a red B and Enter is now shown as a green A). Is there a way to reverse this behaviour ?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please make sure the Steam version is updated in a timely manner!</span>

I installed the patch and now I have the .exe dump error after trying to start a mission.
    XBLSquadrons.com
    In Soviet Russia, Model Kits build you.
    In SoVIeT rUssIa, die cast cars collect you.

Originally posted by Stevedroid:
    Please make sure the Steam version is updated in a timely manner!
    STEAM does things on their own time, ubisoft has no control over STEAM. STEAM has to make STEAM related changes (and possibly a code review) before they'll release it. It always take a little while for STEAM to do their thing...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "It's amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites." -- Thomas Sowell

Disconnects are back.

How could you have not addressed that?

The Game worked except for the disconnects, now all I get are exe. dumps.
    Whats the deal? Can't UBI even check a patch before releasing it????????

Originally posted by Lt.Rosco:
    The Game worked except for the disconnects, now all I get are exe. dumps.
    Whats the deal? Can't UBI even check a patch before releasing it????????
    You're dealing with a release, essentially, over thousands of platforms. Each PC is different. Each PC will present it's own issues. It's advisable to post your specs, someone may have a solution.

Originally posted by rkrebs11:
    the patch did not fix the biggest glaring error for the PC and that is the constant dumps to desktop or frozen screens. I'm finished with this garbage.
    Don't let the door hit you where the invisible man in the sky split you.

Originally posted by tgs1970:

have you tried the 185.81 drivers ?
    They were relased a few days ago by nVidia
    How are those, by the way?

Originally posted by tgs1970:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ForsakenOutlaw:
    Well here's my problem. The black screen on start up remains. I have it patched to v.1.02 and I have browsed all nine pages of this forum to find a fix and no solutions have been presented that work, not even changing the .ini file.

I have Windows XP, My Docs is not altered
    I meet all minimum requirements with DX9c
    I have a 2.4ghz quad-core chip
    4gb of DDR2 ram
    a GeForce 7600GT with the most up to date drivers

The demo worked the game does not...
    I had the same problem, I had to switch off the dual display for the game to work.

Also try disable nView, I had trouble with that as well.

have you tried the 185.81 drivers ?
    They were relased a few days ago by nVidia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I have those drivers and I did disable nView and it didn't do squat and I do not have dual displays. Whenever Ubisoft decides to make this game work or whenever someone actually helps solve this problem maybe I'll get to play it...

Originally posted by Master_Cylinder:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kjdunn:
    So much for the patch fixing problems.
    Just because it didn't fix every problem doesn't mean it didn't fix any. There will be another patch... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was listed as fixed in the posting from UBI.

Master Cylinder.....just what position do you hold in UBI? I notice you defend them an awful lot.

Originally posted by kjdunn:
    This was listed as fixed in the posting from UBI.

Master Cylinder.....just what position do you hold in UBI? I notice you defend them an awful lot.
    Perhaps it's your system, I run in DX10 without the same problem you have or perhaps you meant to say "so much for the patch fixing *MY* problems." The patch clearly fixed some problems, as my reply suggests...

I don't work for ubisoft, do you work for their competition? If I worked for ubisoft there would be far fewer trolls.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "It's amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites." -- Thomas Sowell

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast