Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your wingman cheats!!! | Forums

Originally posted by horseback:
    In this game, there is no such thing as a friendly Ace; they will shoot over, around, and if it is necessary (or at least convenient), through you to get the easy kill.
    They sure will:

This is what happens when your wingman suddenly decides to blast you with his cannons in order to get the guy you had under control in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Getting stupidly high personal kill scores is not that hard in offline campaigns.

What is actually difficult is protecting and promoting your squad mates so they all get to a reasonable skill level (but not TOO high or they will get transferred out to take over their own squadron).

Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
    Getting stupidly high personal kill scores is not that hard in offline campaigns.
    Just for the kicks;

...and yes this one time I had finished TA-152 campaign with only two (2) of my squadmates killed. "We" flew against good planes such is LA-7, P-51, P-38... Either that plane is turbo uber or just suits Ai nicely (fast, great guns).
    Maybe I helped too (choose leader role) because I know how Ai works so... long story short once you kill one or two from their group attacking from favorable position there is chance that fight will end in total domination of your side.

Flying almost exclusively over friendly lines keeps loses "at bay" too...

Originally posted by DKoor:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
    Just for the kicks;

...and yes this one time I had finished TA-152 campaign with only two (2) of my squadmates killed. "We" flew against good planes such is LA-7, P-51, P-38... Either that plane is turbo uber or just suits Ai nicely (fast, great guns).
    Maybe I helped too (choose leader role) because I know how Ai works so... long story short once you kill one or two from their group attacking from favorable position there is chance that fight will end in total domination of your side.

Flying almost exclusively over friendly lines keeps loses "at bay" too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Achtung, achtung, Ach Gott, zpetzial geshtapo reporrrt is showing that offizier Fauth und Heidemann are planning a mid air colliding final solution to get rid of national hero ! FUEHRER advice: Kill ze traitors discretely in the next mission, will cover it crediting Pokrychkin (lolz) for ze killz. STOP.
    Regards!

"Here is a plane to fight, with all its speed and performance, with all its fighting punch, the Thunderbolt handles the way you like: smooth, quick, sure..."

But you can cheat them back. When an AI wingman trashes an enemy plane just be sure to put a few MG rounds into it...Steal the kills back in other words. IL2 seems to award the kill to the last plane to shoot at an enemy.

That's a lot of kills. I think:

1) You are unrealistically experienced because of constant QMB/online practice.
    2)Too many of these missions result in enemy contact.

Originally posted by Metatron_123:
    2)Too many of these missions result in enemy contact.
    Couldn't be. They wouldn't do that, would they?!
    -------------------------------

"Blub, blub, blub, one carrier turned into a sub." Special Forces operator in a Dale Brown book.

"Shift+F1" gun sight view must be turned off manually, it will not do so automatically when loading a new airplane

Originally posted by Saburo_0:
    But you can cheat them back. When an AI wingman trashes an enemy plane just be sure to put a few MG rounds into it...Steal the kills back in other words. IL2 seems to award the kill to the last plane to shoot at an enemy.
    To me that just fosters bad habits.. I hate it when live pilots do that... and it happens to often... so when thew AI does it to me I just suck it up... What frustrates me is when the friendly AI don't cover you properly.... and it's a crap shoot.. sometimes tey are on the money.. and sometimes not.

What frustrates me is when the enemy is on my six and it filling my windshield with holes and my wingman doesn't take what should be an easy kill.

Fly yourself as wingman (or as lonewolf).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast