Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Come see Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on PC - US RESIDENTS | Forums

Hey guys and gals,
    we've got an exclusive opportunity to go check out GRAW on PC, at the German Games Convention (http://www.gc-germany.de/) in Leipzig!! The GC runs from August 18th to August 22nd.

We'll fly one (1) Ghost Recon fan to Germany, put them up in a hotel, get them into the convention, and then get them into a behind-closed-doors press presentation of GRAW (plus throw in a few goodies).

All you have to do is WRITE A SHORT PIECE ABOUT GHOST RECON.

An essay, a short poem, a personal recollection... the theme and format are up to YOU (the only constraints are that it must be about Ghost Recon in some way, and it can't be over 500 words in length).

We'll select ONE awesome entry that we think is the cream-of-the-crop to be the winner, and we'll post some of the best entries up as well. So show us what you've got!

Send all entries to: grawcontest@ubisoft.com

All entries must be received by Monday, August 8th, 9:00am (PST) in order to be eligible for the contest.

In order to be eligible for the prize trip, you must be a US resident, 18 years of age or older, and have a valid passport.

For full Contest Rules and Regulations, go HERE.

NOW GET WRITIN'!!

(If you're a UK resident, you can also take part in this contest--go check out the UK Contest page and Rules. [URL=http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/leipziggamescompo.php])
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So this is just for UK/US citizens? And only one has the chance to win? This is ridiculous..... Make whatever you want on GC, I don't care about anymore.. I bet that GR3 will be released next year. So whatever you gonna show on GC, you are just making the com ***** on something which won't be worth it. Just another marketing trick. Fools.....

Agree 100%

I made my submission:

I love Ghost Recon. Ghost Recon was developed by RSE, and published by UBISOFT.
    GR, the pinnacle of RSE's tactical shooter games. For all to see, and play. But RSE had a big brother, or an abusive stepdad. (You decide.) UBI made them wear shakles on their success, and put ball and chain on the end users. Starforce had come. Poor RSE, Starforce, thrust upon them, tantamount to murder.

Such a tragedy. My favorite game series, will be ruined by greed, corruption, hate, and prejudice. We, the consumers are not all criminals, and we refuse to be treated as such. It was such a shame, one might have wanted to purchase such a fine looking game.
    At some point, someone who is involved in GRAW will read it. And it might make a difference for the better.
    ============================

Many people work, but their minds are unemployed.

"Ghost Recon had good gameplay
    enough to compensate for the ugly art
    GR2 looked pretty, though it stinked like a fart."

"GRAW may look promissing
    before this GR2 looked the same
    is the great gameplay still missing?
    will we finally have our game?"

"Let us hope UBI will publish
    what we missed for quite some time
    they should stop releasing rubish, or
    i wont waste another dime"

Teh winner has arrived, unfortunetly august weather is too nice for me to waste in germany and so i will have to refuse the price, a shame really .

Great contest! Thanks for the opportunity.
    [30+]ARDelta
    The Ghosts of 30+
    http://ghostrecon.30plus.org

Why dosen't UBI ever included its Canadian fans when it has a contest or event show casing a new product?

The point is, that there are great exhibitions in LA, in London, in Tokyo... but I never saw a competition, which allows me to take part in a "closed door" presentation over there.. so why are only US/UK ppl invited? Afraid of the "old world" or what is it? Why the hell are you then presenting it in Germany?? Stay in US or w/e...

(btw I wish you good luck my british mates )

Why go see something that will be (PC- canceled and xbox marketed) at a later date. No Platform support - Genterates NO software company support. When they quit supporting PCs I quit buying their software for my grandsons... Xbox/PS2/game cube...

UBI can "Kiss my backside" before I give them another nickel.

Originally posted by Le Tigre:
    Why dosen't UBI ever included its Canadian fans when it has a contest or event show casing a new product?
    Because Canada does not have enough customers to make it worth their time.

UBI can "Kiss my backside" before I give them another nickel.
    I honestly love that attitude. You will go far with that. Don't let them push you around. Remember, your power lies in your wallet. You are a good person. I herby award you an e-cookie.
    ============================

Many people work, but their minds are unemployed.

take the guy thats been the most critical in the GR community and let him go. Try and convince him, dont take a "YES MAN"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast