Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing Tired | Forums

Anyone growing tired? I have to admit it I am knee deep into my second career and I have begun to grow bored.

I have discovered that Silent Hunter III is like an incredible looking blonde.

She turns your loins to iron and you desire her above all else. You put up with her wierd quirks for just a moment to touch the forbidden fruit.

At last you bed her and it is glorious. Again you bed her and it is good. However the 4th night or so you realize she has the IQ of a gnat and is good in bed but not that good.

You begin to realize that the surface is amazing but there is no depth. Eventually the good looks are not enough and you desire more and move on.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I've always preferred brunettes.

bye then............lmao

And what did you expect in this sim? it's a sim about sinking boats. Different types of boats but boats nonetheless. You also get the odd plane, I suppose (I got it yesterday, not installed yet), and some icebergs, and some good graphics - oh and the crew management. I don't see what else there is - you either like that sort of thing or you're bored of it.
    www.TeamElement.org

quote:
    Originally posted by FatBoy_190th:
    Damm u ED - Damm u UBI - Damm all u butchers!!

Why are there so many on this forum that feels the need to tell everyone else they got tired of the game? Not sure what you want us to do about it. If you are tired of it just put it away and play some other game instead. Simple as that.

S_Z,

The "tired of the game" people are looking for confirmation from the SH III community that it's O.K. to get bored of a SIM quickly, that they are still "SIMMERS" nonetheless. I don't expect they will find that support here. I think, as you mentioned, SHIII covers the topic of U-boat warfare pretty good (the modders are very quickly turning SHIII into a fantastic SIM). If the dev team made SHIII "exciting" from start to finish, it wouldn't be much of a SIM, I think we all know that and aren't looking for that.

SubQual, SHIII might not be the "game" for you, at least, as you mentioned, not for long. For some of us SIM'ers out here, we are looking for as close to realism as we can get. I still find the hunt in SHIII exciting and challenging and when I think I've milked all I can out of SHIII (which I expect to be in the several hundred hour range), I'll move on. As for your "blonde" (I'm a red head guy myself) analogy...I love it, true....true (in Budweiser fassion). I think some guys just have more "staying power", that's all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S_Z:
    Why are there so many on this forum that feels the need to tell everyone else they got tired of the game? Not sure what you want us to do about it. If you are tired of it just put it away and play some other game instead. Simple as that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hear hear! May this (please) be the last time that anyone feels the need to share their waning interest with the community. Is that the sort of thing you say at parties? "Hi there. I'm really bored with drinking."

the idea of telling people about the game is to improve the game,no einstein required.
    if you dont complain it never improves
    thus the forum is doing its job
    theres plenty of ways to spice up the game,and lets hope we get some
    mods addons watever,,if you dont speak you dont get,simple

No it works like this or like this

I wholeheartedly agree, Simmoxx. However, SubQual's 'review' didn't exactly specify anything that even the most imaginative Dev could learn or benefit from.

[Messervy, I like your thinking. Clearly, we both should have been at that farewell party at the beginning of Das Boot! SubQual, I don't mean any offence, I just question the merit of voicing generic disapproval.]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast