Thread: Lots of small bugs makes the experience not worth the 50 bucks | Forums

OK, so I threw in BIA on my Xbox and as it finished loading and started up was very excited...However, it seems like this game has some problems that are quite stupid and amusing:

1) The first mission, after the flight, I find my companion. However, he has a very impressive skill: HE FRIGGING FLOATS, yes just like Jesus! He does not walk. His feet are static and he floats forward like a ghost! In addition when he goes around an object his back to the enemy and floats backwards. C'mon! Not only does he do this but also my companions. When they face stairs or uneven surface they float over the steps.....

2) The aiming system is flawed! I am playing on EASY level. So I am standing at point blank range RIGHT INFRONT OF THE GERMAN...I fire, nothing, I empty my clip...nothing. I hit the left thumbstick and now it shows that I am aiming off by like a mile. So I fire from the magnified view and I hit. I get off the magnified view and I miss again from POINT BLANK RANGE! C'mon it cant be that way off that I need to use the magnified view when I can see that this guy has not shaved for a couple of days.

3)My men are stupid! They follow orders but they still don't shoot in the right direction. In addition they take cover in a way where they cant possible shoot the Germans. So I have to take em out myself, so I am a one man band...

I simply don't have time to mention all the small silly bugs this game has. Again, here comes a rushed title from UBI...but then again, I should have known this from LOMAC....Actually I am the stupid one who fell for this
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

OK, so I threw in BIA on my Xbox and as it finished loading and started up was very excited...However, it seems like this game has some problems that are quite stupid and amusing:

1) The first mission, after the flight, I find my companion. However, he has a very impressive skill: HE FRIGGING FLOATS, yes just like Jesus! He does not walk. His feet are static and he floats forward like a ghost! In addition when he goes around an object his back to the enemy and floats backwards. C'mon! Not only does he do this but also my companions. When they face stairs or uneven surface they float over the steps.....

2) The aiming system is flawed! I am playing on EASY level. So I am standing at point blank range RIGHT INFRONT OF THE GERMAN...I fire, nothing, I empty my clip...nothing. I hit the left thumbstick and now it shows that I am aiming off by like a mile. So I fire from the magnified view and I hit. I get off the magnified view and I miss again from POINT BLANK RANGE! C'mon it cant be that way off that I need to use the magnified view when I can see that this guy has not shaved for a couple of days.

3)My men are stupid! They follow orders but they still don't shoot in the right direction. In addition they take cover in a way where they cant possible shoot the Germans. So I have to take em out myself, so I am a one man band...

I simply don't have time to mention all the small silly bugs this game has. Again, here comes a rushed title from UBI...but then again, I should have known this from LOMAC....Actually I am the stupid one who fell for this

these are not real bugs I found 3 small bugs:
    -not much free moving
    -echo in split screen
    -disappearing of bodies sometimes ivolves lots of collers(?????????????????)

what you say her is only your oppinion these are not bugs

First Lieutenant Jens Capelle
    Executive Officer
    45th Infantry

My experience os about the fact that all these small bugs don't destroy the gameplay. I like the game very well, and for the first time they make a game on their own i kinda like it.
    eagle 2 - greenlionhaert - das Kaninchen

Personally I think the game is great. It's alot of fun, can be knuckle whitening at times (depending on how you set the game up -difficulty level, reticle on/off, etc), and a very great experience on this particular theater of WW II.

However, there is a little animation weirdness at times, and yes the hit detection AT TIMES is maginally frustrating. But, those things do not really make my experience with this game a sour one. The one thing that really drives me insane though is when; you're on a level, and you just popped off a few rounds through your Thompson. Next, it continues to sound off the audio of that weapon firing!

Very painful.

Other than that -great game! Based upon my experience in the single player campaign. I haven't tried this online yet.
    XBL Gamertag: Sepul Chaos

I haven't seen any bugs except a tank not moving when I ordered it to move. I guess it was busy firing at an enemy because once he killed it, it followed my order.

OK , now playing about 5 hours into the game, Here is my thought.

Pros:
    Good enemy AI behavior (they do flank and take good cover)
    Authentic weapon feel

Cons:
    Too much Micromanagement required!!
    Your Ally AIs are not so smart. (They would stay open even when getting fired. They would take Paths that are suicidal instead of safer routes)

Conclusion:
    for Xbox, I have not seen a better Squad Control game than Freedom Fighter which amazingly was superb with Squad control.
    BIA AIs are very sophisticated but your Allies need to be told where to hide each time and take a suicidal path without covering. Bit annoying, but still good. although not as good as Freedom fighters squad controls.
    Also, in BIA, Baker is really a lone wolf unless he joins with the whole team.
    just my take..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by contactkoh:
    OK , now playing about 5 hours into the game, Here is my thought.

Pros:
    Good enemy AI behavior (they do flank and take good cover)
    Authentic weapon feel

Cons:
    Too much Micromanagement required!!
    Your Ally AIs are not so smart. (They would stay open even when getting fired. They would take Paths that are suicidal instead of safer routes)

Conclusion:
    for Xbox, I have not seen a better Squad Control game than Freedom Fighter which amazingly was superb with Squad control.
    BIA AIs are very sophisticated but your Allies need to be told where to hide each time and take a suicidal path without covering. Bit annoying, but still good. although not as good as Freedom fighters squad controls.
    Also, in BIA, Baker is really a lone wolf unless he joins with the whole team.
    just my take.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How in the bloody world is there too much micromanaging?! TWO squads... Wowsa

Baker is only a lone wolf if you are a gun and run player and not a team player.. quit trying to be Rambo and use the team...

sinful nature if ur at point-blank range and ur not killing the guy on easy, ur the one doing somthing wronge, or ur xbox or cd is screwed. I had no probel with any other of those bugs, my guys never ONCE floated. The only probel i agree with you on is the stupidity of my guys, it seems they are way stupider than the germans.