Thread: Ruse wont start. :((((((((( | Forums

I bought it off of amazon as a download, and I installed it, but when I click play on the steam menu thingy it just say "Game did not terminate properly. Do you want to load the last know good configuration?" But this is ******ed because I've never gotten to play the game! Also on the title bar at the bottom of the screen, it say "critical graphic error" I uninstalled and reinstalled twice already, with no progress. I just wanna play my freaking game!! I only got two more days till school and I never have time to play games during the week, so can someone please help me?!!?

Heres my systems information:
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 5/28/2011, 08:46:57
    Machine name: ROBBIE-PC
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: NY428AA-ABA p6110f
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/06/09 11:31:10 Ver: 5.39
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    Memory: 6134MB RAM
    Page File: 2833MB used, 9605MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by rbdg1p:
    I bought it off of amazon as a download, and I installed it, but when I click play on the steam menu thingy it just say "Game did not terminate properly. Do you want to load the last know good configuration?"
    Where is the remaining part of your Dxdiag ? Which Graphics Card do you have ? Is it supported by this Game ? Tell me the Video Card Model number.

Some new ATI drivers have known to cause a conflict with RUSE, so we need to revert back to Old drivers, if you have an Old series of ATI card.

Btw, if you happen to face any kind of Crash while playing RUSE, then try playing the game under 'Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode', and see if this helps you or not ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 5/28/2011, 08:46:57
    Machine name: ROBBIE-PC
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: NY428AA-ABA p6110f
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/06/09 11:31:10 Ver: 5.39
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    Memory: 6134MB RAM
    Page File: 2833MB used, 9605MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_2A6F103C&REV_02
    Display Memory: 286 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 286 MB
    Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor
    Driver Name: igdumd64.dll
    Driver Version: 7.15.0010.1666 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    BGRA Supported: Yes
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
    Ok, it looks like you are below the minimum requirements to play RUSE. The above INTEL Chipset may not be fully supported by this Game, and playing the game on an integrated Graphics processor can always be a problem.

Can you Launch and Play the game On Low settings, and Low Screen resolution ? Also try to play the Game under 'Windows XP Compatibility Mode', like I said before. If you still cannot play the game, then you must upgrade and change your current Video Card. Buy any dedicated Graphics Card/GPU. I don't recommend playing Games on the above INTEL Chipset.

First go here, and select RUSE from the drop-down menu, and check what results do you get ?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Also read the required specs and Supported Video card list here:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap...s/detail/a_id/13924/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I need a new graphics card or something. can someone suggest one for me?

I think I need a new graphics card or something. can someone suggest one for me?
    I think you are having an HP Machine ? You need to confirm this from the Manufacturer as well, whether you can insert and fit any Video Card on your Motherboard or not ? But your MOBO should be having the PCI-E Slot.

Anyway, how much exactly is your BUDGET ? Because there are so many Video Card Models from ATI and Nvidia, so it is little hard to suggest you any particular Model, unless you specify some budget. You must also change your Power Supply unit/PSU, if the current one on your Computer, is low and is not sufficient for the NEW Video card and full System Load.

Keep all these things in mind, before doing a upgrade. And btw, some New Video Cards, not all, are also a bit thick and Long in length, so make sure it fits inside your current ATX cabinet and Motherboard !

Cheers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same problem however my hardware isn't the issue here, I have managed to get the game to launch using compatiablity mode for Windows Xp service pack 2.